1. Coordination with election stakeholders including civil society, donors, media sources and international partners.
- Design, lead, supervise, coordinate and contribute to the implementation of electoral assistance in the following areas, as required: legal drafting and reform, complaints and dispute resolution, overall process management, planning and budgeting, information and communications technology, data processing and analysis, procedures, training, graphic design, gender mainstreaming, capacity-building, and institutional reform and development;
- Assist the ECN and Chief Electoral Advisor (CEA) with the project reporting and preparation of proposals and progress report for submission to donor agencies.
- Assist CEA to lead UNDP's resource mobilization efforts in the area if electoral support.
- Provide support to the ECN to coordinate donors in the area of electoral assistance.
- Assist CEA in maintaining external relation with donors and international partner agencies such as IFES, International IDEA and others
- Assist to coordinate field operations, including monitoring and evaluation (M&E), reporting and communication with field teams
- Lead, coordinate and supervise the provision of support, technical assistance and advice to national counterparts and their institutions in the above areas and provide high-level assistance and advice as required;
- Support in conducting necessary training and interactions on the electoral reform;
2. Support implementation of project and in mainstreaming GESI.
- Design, lead, coordinate, supervise and contribute to the implementation of strategies and programmes to build the capacity of national counterparts and strengthen national institutions;
- Monitor the impact of domestic and international norms and processes on female participation and provide advice to the Electoral Management Bodies on appropriate corrective measures;
- Assist CEA in designing and implementing public outreach activities.
- Supervise and manage the performance of staff and consultants under the project;
- Support CEA to mainstream GESI into all the programming, implementation and reporting.
3. Liaison with the civil society organisations, major media sources and domestic/international electoral groups and review political developments as well as emerging electoral issues and public information
- Establish and maintain professional and productive partnerships with national counterpart institutions and other key stakeholders in the electoral process.
- Act as CEA in her or his absence.
- Perform other related duties as required.