BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent performs semi-skilled manual jobs and assists journeyman craftsmen in performing various works related to electrical, masonry, plumbing, carpentry and welding trades. The duties include cleaning work areas, lifting and holding items, and carrying/transporting tools and materials to the work sites.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS NOTE:
All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information.
1. Completion of Primary school is required.
2. One year of experience as a trades helper or apprenticeship in any area related to electrical, masonry, plumbing, carpentry or welding is required.
3. Level I (Rudimentary knowledge) of speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level III (Good working knowledge) of speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required.
4. Basic knowledge of general trades and safety practices is required.
5. The ability to perform physically arduous work is required.
6. A valid local driver’s Class A & B license is required.
Interested applicants must submit Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174) or a current resume or CV that provides all information as found in the DS-174, and copies of other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of education certificates) that address the qualification requirements of the position. The DS-174 can be downloaded from the US Embassy website: http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/job-opportunities.html
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Email: email@example.com (write “Application for Trades Helper” in the Subject Line)
Human Resources Office G.P.O. Box 295 Kathmandu, Nepal
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for Trades Helper”)
US Embassy Nepal AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THE U.S. MISSION IS A DISABILITY FRIENDLY WORK PLACE
Vacancy Announcements are distributed by the Embassy Human Resources Office, Ext. 4557 Contact the Human Resources Office for further details regarding this announcement.
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.