(Announcement Number: 15-34)
The U.S. Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Audio/Visual Technician in the Embassy’s Information Resource Management (IRM) Section.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Audio/Visual Technician
OPENING DATE: July 14, 2015
CLOSING DATE: July 28, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent is responsible for the set up and operation of audio visual equipment used to support live broadcast, events, Digital Video Conferences (DVCs), and presentations. The audio visual equipment include, but not be limited to, sound systems, still and video cameras, microphones, video recorders, projectors, lighting and sound mixing equipment, and audio-video software. The incumbent also diagnoses and resolves any equipment issues, and works with the authorized vendors to repair defective equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED NOTE:
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Completion of Secondary (SLC) School is required.
2. Three years of responsible experience as audio visual technician or in a position responsible for operation and/or maintenance of audio visual equipment is required.
3. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required. The English language ability will be tested.
4. Thorough technical knowledge of digital video conferencing operation is required. Good knowledge of IT networks and component equipment is required. Basic knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) topology, operations and communications is required.
5. The ability to analyze and resolve complex technical and logistic problems related to audio visual equipment is required. The ability to communicate orally and convey technical information to both experts and laymen, and train others in the use of audio visual equipment is required.
Interested applicants must submit Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174) or a current resume or CV that provides all information as found in the DS-174, and copies of other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of education certificates) that address the qualification requirements of the position. The DS-174 can be downloaded from the US Embassy
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Email: Recruitktm3@state.gov (write “Application for Audio/Visual Technician” in the Subject Line)
Or Human Resources Office
G.P.O. Box 295 Kathmandu, Nepal
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for Audio/Visual Technician”)
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THE U.S. MISSION IS A DISABILITY FRIENDLY WORK PLACE
Vacancy Announcements are distributed by the Embassy Human Resources Office, Ext. 4557 Contact the Human Resources Office for further details regarding this announcement
This Job is expired. The Company is no longer accepting applications for this position.
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.