VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Announcement Number: 15-13)
The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Power Plant Operator
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Power Plant Operator
OPENING DATE: February 25, 2015
CLOSING DATE: March 11, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The Incumbent performs preventive maintenance as well as major and minor overhaul and repair work on diesel engines installed in the U.S. Mission’s residential and office facilities.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Completion of Secondary School is required. Completion of vocational training or apprenticeship in automobile or electronic engineering field producing journeyman level skills in generator/automatic transfer switch operation and repair is required.
2. At least two years of experience as a generator operator or experience in repair and maintenance of generators and automatic transfer switch is required.
3. Level II (Limited Knowledge) of speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level III (good working knowledge) of speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required. English Language ability will be tested.
4. Excellent knowledge of all phases of generator and automatic transfer switch operation and repair is required.
5. Skills in using specialized hand and power tools related to this trade such as voltmeters, ammeters, compression gauges, wrenches and analog circuit testers are required. Skills in diagnosing and troubleshooting various electrical and mechanical problems on generators and related equipment are required.
6. A valid local driver’s Class A& B license is required
Interested applicants must submit Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174) or a current resume or CV that provides all information as found in the DS-174, and copies of other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of education certificates) that address the qualification requirements of the position. The DS-174 can be downloaded from the US Embassy website: http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/jobopportunities.html
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Email: Recruitktm3@state.gov (write “Application for Power Plant Operator)” in the Subject Line)
Human Resources Office
G.P.O. Box 295
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for Mechanic (Diesel)”
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THE U.S. MISSION IS A DISABILITY FRIENDLY WORK PLACE
Vacancy Announcements are distributed by the Embassy Human Resources Office, Ext. 4557 Contact the Human Resources Office for further details regarding this announcement
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.