VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Announcement Number: 15-14)
The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Refrigeration and A/C Mechanic
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Maintenance Foreman
OPENING DATE: February 25, 2015
CLOSING DATE: March 11, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The Incumbent performs preventive maintenance as well as major and minor overhaul and repair work on diesel engines installed in the U.S. Mission’s residential and office facilities.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Successful completion of Secondary School is required. Completion of vocational training producing journeyman skills in mechanical or electrical or civil engineering trade is required.
2. At least three years of journeyman level experience in maintenance or construction trades is required. One year of supervisory experience is required.
3. Level III (good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level III (good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required. English Language ability will be tested.
4. Thorough knowledge of the use of various tools and equipment related to various maintenance trades is required. Good knowledge of local building codes and accepted trade practices is required. Good working knowledge of various Windows based computer applications and AutoCAD is required.
5. The ability to supervise and give on-the-job instructions to multi-trade work force using good leadership skills is required.
6. A valid local driver’s Class A & B license is required
Interested applicants must submit Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174) or a current resume or CV that provides all information as found in the DS-174, and copies of other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of education certificates) that address the qualification requirements of the position. The DS-174 can be downloaded from the US Embassy website: http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/jobopportunities.html
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Email: Recruitktm3@state.gov (write “ Maintenance Foreman ” in the Subject Line)
Human Resources Office
G.P.O. Box 295
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “ Maintenance Foreman ”)
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THE U.S. MISSION IS A DISABILITY FRIENDLY WORK PLACE
Vacancy Announcements are distributed by the Embassy Human Resources Office, Ext. 4557 Contact the Human Resources Office for further details regarding this announcement
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.