VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Announcement Number: 15-11)
The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Refrigeration and A/C Mechanic
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Refrigeration and A/C Mechanic
OPENING DATE: February 25, 2015
CLOSING DATE: March 11, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The Incumbent performs preventive maintenance as well as major and minor overhaul and repair work on diesel engines installed in the U.S. Mission’s residential and office facilities.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Completion of Secondary School is required. Completion of vocational training, apprenticeship or equivalent experience producing journeyman level technical skills in refrigeration and A/C operation and repair is required.
2. At least two years of experience as a journeyman A/C Technician is required.
3. Level II (Limited Knowledge) of speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level III (good working knowledge) of speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required. English Language ability will be tested.
4. Excellent knowledge of all technical phases of air-handling equipment is required. Good working knowledge of local building codes and established trade and safety practices associated with refrigeration and air-conditioning trade is required.
5. Skills in using all tools of the trade including electrical testing equipment, gas and electric welding equipment, pipe and tubing benders, voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter, ohmmeter, and manifold gauges are required. The ability to read technical manuals, schematic drawings and blueprints is required. General level journeyman technical skills in all maintenance activities are required.
6. A valid local driver’s Class A & B license is required.
Interested applicants must submit Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174) or a current resume or CV that provides all information as found in the DS-174, and copies of other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of education certificates) that address the qualification requirements of the position. The DS-174 can be downloaded from the US Embassy website: http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/jobopportunities.html
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Email: Recruitktm3@state.gov (write “ Refrigeration and A/C Mechanic” in the Subject Line)
Human Resources Office
G.P.O. Box 295
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “ Refrigeration and A/C Mechanic”)
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THE U.S. MISSION IS A DISABILITY FRIENDLY WORK PLACE
Vacancy Announcements are distributed by the Embassy Human Resources Office, Ext. 4557 Contact the Human Resources Office for further details regarding this announcement
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.