Announcement Number: 15-17
The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Financial Management Analyst.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Financial Management Analyst
OPENING DATE: March 10, 2015
CLOSING DATE: March 24, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Working under the direct supervision of the Financial Specialist, the incumbent performs a full range of budgeting and accounting duties. The duties include the preparation of annual budget and financial plan; maintenance of financial records; accounting; and preparation of specialized financial reports such as status of funds, budget versus spending trends, cost benefit analysis, etc. The incumbent also performs cashiering duties when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED NOTE:
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business administration is required.
2. At least three years of progressively responsible experience in accounting or budgeting is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Nepali is required. English Language ability will be tested.
4. Good knowledge of budgeting and funds control, allotment, obligation, disbursement, accounting procedures and operations is required.
5. The ability to relate budget management implications and be able to recommend appropriate adjustments to financial plans is required. The ability to use various Windows-based computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook is required. The ability to learn in-house specialized computer applications is required.
This Job is expired. The Company is no longer accepting applications for this position.
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.