The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Guard (SDU).
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Guard (SDU)
OPENING DATE: January 6, 2016
CLOSING DATE: January 20, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 48 hours/week
SALARY: Rs.549,589 p.a.
Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-4
US $25,261 p.a.
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-AA*
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent serves as a member of the Surveillance Detection Unit. The duties include keeping watch for possible surveillance outside the U.S. Mission facilities and residences; preventing possible security threats against the U.S. Mission properties and personnel; patrolling assigned areas and informing supervisor upon identifying any potential security irregularities. The incumbent also analyzes security situations and provides daily activity reports to the shift supervisor.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Successful completion of Secondary School is required.
2. At least one year of prior work experience in the police, military or any security field is required.
3. Level II (Limited) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Nepali is required.
4. Working knowledge of security procedures and techniques is required.
5. A valid Nepali driver's “Class A” license is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website site at http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/job-opportunities.html
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website at http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/job-opportunities.html or by contacting Human Resources Office at the Embassy; and
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. copies of education certificates, transcripts, degrees, awards etc.)
IMPORTANT: Applicants claiming a U.S. Veteran’s preference must submit written documentation confirming eligibility (e.g., Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, Letter from the Veteran’s Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under the VOW Act with an expected discharge no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP).
WHERE TO APPLY:
Mailing Address: Human Resources Office
G.P.O. Box 295
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
This Job is expired. The Company is no longer accepting applications for this position.
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.