POSITION: Financial Specialist, FSN-10; FP-05
OPENING DATE: August 2, 2016
CLOSING DATE: August 16, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent serves as an expert and chief advisor to the Financial Management Officer (FMO) on all budgeting, accounting and financial planning matters. The incumbent is responsible for overall supervision, management and performance of the budgeting and accounting areas in the Financial Management Office. The Incumbent directly supervises three Financial Analysts and one Accounting Technician.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Completion of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting is required.
2. At least five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting or budgeting is required. One year of supervisory experience is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required. English language ability will be tested.
4. Thorough knowledge of financial operations and procedures relating to budgeting, funds control, allotment, obligation, disbursement and accounting is required.
5. The ability to use various Windows-based computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook is required. The ability to learn in-house specialized computer applications is required.
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.