VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Announcement Number: 15-15)
The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Mechanic
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Mechanic (Diesel)
OPENING DATE: February 25, 2015
CLOSING DATE: March 11, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The Incumbent performs preventive maintenance as well as major and minor overhaul and repair work on diesel engines installed in the U.S. Mission’s residential and office facilities.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Completion of secondary school is required. Completion of vocational training, apprenticeship in automobile or electronic or electrical engineering field producing journeyman level skills in operation and maintenance of generator and automatic transfer switch is required.
2. At least two years of journeyman level experience in the repair and maintenance of diesel engines is required.
3. Level II (Limited Knowledge) of speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level III (good working knowledge) of speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required. English Language ability will be tested.
4. Good working knowledge of trade and safety practices related to the diesel mechanical trade is required.
5. Must be able to overhaul and repair all diesel engines. Must be able to diagnose problems, and determine the extent of repairs necessary, and perform full range of preventive maintenance actions on diesel engines. The ability to use all kinds of hand and specialized tools such as torque wrenches, socket sets, compression gauges, and electric and gas welding outfits is required. 6. A valid local driver’s Class A& B license is required.
Interested applicants must submit Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174) or a current resume or CV that provides all information as found in the DS-174, and copies of other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of education certificates) that address the qualification requirements of the position. The DS-174 can be downloaded from the US Embassy website: http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/jobopportunities.html
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Email: Recruitktm3@state.gov (write “Application for Mechanic (Diesel)” in the Subject Line)
Human Resources Office
G.P.O. Box 295
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for Mechanic (Diesel)”
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THE U.S. MISSION IS A DISABILITY FRIENDLY WORK PLACE
Vacancy Announcements are distributed by the Embassy Human Resources Office, Ext. 4557 Contact the
Human Resources Office for further details regarding this announcement
This Job is expired. The Company is no longer accepting applications for this position.
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.