U.S. Mission, Nepal
(Announcement Number: 15-62)
The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Mechanic (Diesel).
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Mechanic (Diesel)
OPENING DATE: December 17, 2015
CLOSING DATE: December 31, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: Rs.457,991 p.a. Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-4 US $25,011 p.a. Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-AA*
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The Incumbent performs preventive maintenance as well as major and minor overhaul and repair work on diesel engines installed in the U.S. Mission’s residential and office facilities.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Completion of secondary school is required. Completion of vocational training, apprenticeship in automobile or electronic or electrical or mechanical engineering field producing journeyman level skills in operation and maintenance of generator and automatic transfer switch is required.
2. At least two years of journeyman level experience in the repair and maintenance of diesel engines is required.
3. Level II (Limited Knowledge) of speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level III (good working knowledge) of speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required. English Language ability will be tested.
4. Good working knowledge of trade and safety practices related to the diesel mechanical trade is required.
5. Must be able to overhaul and repair all diesel engines. Must be able to diagnose problems, and determine the extent of repairs necessary, and perform full range of preventive maintenance actions on diesel engines. The ability to use all kinds of hand and specialized tools such as torque wrenches, socket sets, compression gauges, and electric and gas welding outfits is required.
6. A valid local driver’s Class A & B license is required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs preventive maintenance actions on diesel engines and automatic transfer switch 60%
2. Performs diagnostic tests to determine nature and extent of maintenance and or repair work needed on diesel engines.10%
3. Performs major and minor overhaul and repair work on diesel engines and related equipment. 30%
For detail click the link
This Job is expired. The Company is no longer accepting applications for this position.
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.