POSITION: American Citizen Services (ACS) Assistant, FSN – 7; FP-7
OPENING DATE: August 26, 2016
CLOSING DATE: September 9, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent performs a full range of routine and emergency consular services for American citizens. The incumbent assists Consular Officers in understanding and evaluating Nepali emergency service and immigration law and procedures, to include adoption. The incumbent drafts routine correspondence, prepares cases for review by the Consular Officer, performs filing and record keeping, and responds to telephone inquiries on a variety of American Citizen Services (ACS). The incumbent also assists with non-immigrant and immigrant visa processing when required.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Successful completion of Higher Secondary School (Grade 12) is required.
2. A minimum of two years of experience in any clerical or administrative work is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing Nepali is required. English language ability will be tested.
4. Good knowledge and working experience of Windows-based computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, and MS Outlook is required.
5. The ability to exercise tact in dealing with numerous clienteles, and the ability to work under continuous pressure are also required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/job-opportunities.html
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.