POSITION: Guard, FSN-2; FP-CC
OPENING DATE: August 3, 2016
CLOSING DATE: August 17, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 48 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition)
MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent performs routine guard duties to safeguard the Mission’s property and/or personnel. The incumbent monitors activities on Mission compounds, prevents entry of unauthorized persons to Mission facilities and residences, keeps watch against trespass, and inspects vehicles and individuals seeking to enter the Mission facilities.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Successful completion of Primary School (Grade 5) is required.
2. A minimum of one year of experience in police, military, commercial security services or in the U.S. Embassy Guard Force is required.
3. Level II (Limited knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required.
Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required. English language ability will be tested.
4. A good knowledge of general security procedures is required.
5. The ability to follow orders and exercise sound judgment in recognizing, reporting, and acting on incidents is required. The ability to work for
prolonged periods of time outdoors in inclement weather in exposed or semiexposed duty posts is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.