BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the general supervision of the Information Officer, the incumbent monitors, evaluates and creates content for Broadcast and Social Media platforms. The incumbent develops appropriate Nepali-language content for social media platforms and translates tweets and Facebook posts from Nepali to English. The incumbent actively seeks out and maintains contact with broadcast journalist and editors and seeks appropriate media placements for the U.S. Mission’s programs and policy information.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED NOTE:
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Completion of Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications/Journalism, Political Science or Social Sciences is required
2. Minimum of three years of experience in the field of press and media is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required.
4. Good knowledge of the host country’s media, political, economic, social and educational structure and institutions is required. Good knowledge of public relations techniques is required.
5. Good translation skills are required. The ability to develop and maintain contacts in the media and information circles is required. The ability to use various computer applications such as MS Word, MS Outlook, Power Point and MS Excel is required
Interested applicants must submit Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174) or a current resume or CV that provides all information as found in the DS-174, and copies of other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of education certificates) that address the qualification requirements of the position. The DS-174 can be downloaded from the US Embassy website: http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/job-opportunities.html
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Email: Recruitktm1@state.gov (write “Application for Broadcast and Social Media Assistant” in the Subject)
Human Resources Office G.P.O. Box 295 Kathmandu, Nepal
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for Broadcast and Social Media Assistant”)
US EMBASSY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THE U.S. MISSION IS A DISABILITY FRIENDLY WORK PLACE ____________________________________________________________________
Vacancy Announcements are distributed by the Embassy Human Resources Office, Ext. 4557 Contact the Human Resources Office for further details regarding this announcement
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.