The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Accounting Technician.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Accounting Technician, FSN – 7; FP-7
OPENING DATE: April 5, 2016
CLOSING DATE: April 19, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent prepares administrative service invoices in specialized software and coordinates for cost recoveries, and performs workload data calls. The incumbent works as an alternate cashier and as required performs full range of cashier responsibilities and functions during the absence of the principal cashier. The incumbent performs vouchering work for allowances, representational claims, travel claims, lease payments and other regular payment vouchers and prepares reports.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Completion of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration is required.
2. At least two years of experience in accounts maintenance with cashiering experience is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Nepali is required. English Language ability will be tested.
4. Good knowledge of general cashiering operations and accounting principles is required.
5. The ability to use various Windows-based computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook is required. Strong mathematical skills are required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered.
Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website at http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/job-opportunities.html or by contacting Human Resources Office at the Embassy.
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. copies of education certificates, transcripts, degrees, awards etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address Recruitktm2@state.gov (write “Application for Accounting Technician” in the Subject Line)
Human Resources Office
G.P.O. Box 295
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for Accounting Technician”)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual
orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
This Job is expired. The Company is no longer accepting applications for this position.
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.