The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Human Resources Clerk.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Human Resources Clerk, FSN — 6; FP-8
OPENING DATE: January 24, 2018
CLOSING DATE: February 07, 2018
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE
THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Management Specialist, the incumbent performs administrative responsibilities associated with arrival and departure of American personnel of the U.S. Mission to include processing of check-in, check-out, accreditation, residential visas and diplomatic ID cards. The incumbent performs a full range of administrative responsibilities for Eligible Family Member (EFM) employment program. These responsibilities include duties such as drafting vacancy announcements, scheduling interviews, preparing interview packages and processing employment documents. The incumbent also handles retirement and separation for Locally Employed (LE) employees and performs other HR functions and projects as assigned.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information
supporting each item. Failure to do so will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Completion of Higher Secondary education is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two years of experience in Human Resources is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Nepali is required. English language ability will be tested.
4. KNOWLEDGE: Good knowledge of generally accepted practices and procedures pertaining to human resource management is required.
5. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Good communication skills are required. The ability to use various Windows based computer applications such as MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel and Power Point is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our internet site at https://np.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
Applicants must submit the following documents or the application will not be considered.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174, May 2016 version) which is available on our internet site at https://np.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/ or by contacting Human Resources Section at the American Embassy.
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. copies of education certificates, transcripts, degrees, awards etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address: Recruitktm2@state.gov (write "Application for Human Resources Clerk" in the Subject Line).
Human Resources Office
G.P.O. Box 295
(Please clearly mark your envelope as "Application for Human Resources Clerk").
The mission of the U.S. Embassy in Nepal is to assist Nepal’s development as a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation that contributes positively to regional stability. In pursuit of this goal, the United States encourages multi-party democracy, including respect for human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable, market-oriented, and private-sector-led economic development.