Position: Data Coordinator
ABOUT THE POSITION
Duration of Employment 16 months contract with possibility of extension
Working nature Full-time assignment
Working hours 40 hours a week
Duty station District office in Kapilvastu with 70% field visit within district
Supervisor CAPPT M&E Manager
Key responsibilities of the Data Co-ordinator are as follows:
Core technical functions
1. Overall management of the surveillance data collection in all study clusters.
2. Undertake day to day line management of field based DAs and other relevant staff.
3. Engage in finalization of surveillance tools during the trial run in phase and conduct certain
percentage of household level data collection using tablets,
4. Work in close collaboration with DAs and conduct anthropometric measurement, Hb
measurement, recording of data and updating in CommCare.
5. Support and supervise local female monitors (LFMs) in the process of menstrual monitoring,
including supervising and monitoring the records/registers maintained by the LFM
6. Provide oversight and facilitate (when required) for all relevant local training activities required
to develop the performance capacity of the field team in the trial clusters.
7. Undertake technical supervision of the DAs to ensure timely completion of planned data
collection activities with high quality work and results.
8. Supervise and monitor the data being collected in the field and track the inconsistencies,
incompleteness and errors based on the outliers identified from real time monitoring report by
the central data team and provide feedback to DAs as well as the central team
9. Maintain the log of Barcode registers used by DAs and LFM registers used by LFM.
10. Monitor and document the progress of the DAs with daily reports to CAPPT M&E Manager in
Kapilvastu and trial co-ordinator in HERDi central office team.
11. Ensure proper documentation of project activities and reporting of all activities with sufficient
12. Prepare regular reports (progress report, activity reports, etc.), with support from research manager, intervention manager and surveillance manager, based on requirements of projects
13. Undertake any other task as required by the organization
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
Minimum bachelor’s degree in public health, nursing or any health related subject
At least 2 years of demonstrable experience in;
o working in implementation of research project and monitoring project activities
o conducting health research, doing data collection using tablets
o coordinating with Government bodies, external donors, partners and stakeholders
o working in close coordination as a team and supervising/ mentoring junior colleagues
Proven ability to analyze data sets and write comprehensive reports
Proven track record of timely and quality delivery
Fluent in spoken Awadhi
Fluent in spoken and written English and Nepali
Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office package.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Experience of working with government and development agencies
Sound knowledge of the health systems in Nepal and elsewhere
Proven ability of confidence and an ability to work well as a team member whilst demonstrating
a genuine appetite for personal learning
Submit your CV and a cover letter along with the duly filled application form to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position that you are applying for in the subject line of the email before 5 PM, Wednesday, 27 January 2021.