Vacancy Notice No:VN#NP/03/19
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Cashier/Treasurer
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 4
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 03, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant in Kathmandu, Nepal, the incumbent will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In close coordination with Senior Finance Assistant, ensure that IOM financial policies and procedures are correctly applied and review the request for payment (RFP) before proceeding with payment.
- Handle the petty cash account and execute cash payments in both local (NPR) and foreign (USD) currencies. Maintain sufficient level of cash at all time and prepare the cash certificate on a daily basis.
- Perform the S2B (Straight to Bank) transaction, TPC (Treasury Petty Cash), TYP (Treasury Outgoing Payments Processor), TYR (Treasury Receipts Processor) roles. Follow-up the payment due, and settlement in timely manner. Inform the vendor for the payment. Verify that supporting documents, signatures and other requirements are complete. Issue receipts, liaise with vendors and debtors regarding payment instructions, and maintain orderly filing of accounting documentation.
- Handle NP20 sub-offices FBCJ (Financial accounting-banks incomings-Cash Journal) role, Follow up for the documents from the sub office and proper filing of sub-office documents.
- Handle VAT refund transaction, online posting, IOM SAP posting, follow up the due settlement.
- Clear vendor account in due time in coordination with procurement colleagues.
- Coordinate with the bank as necessary, including monitoring the mission’s balances in the bank; checking the bank account balance every day. Ensure that payments and other financial transactions are done in a timely and efficient manner.
- Upon request of staff member, prepare the travel advance requirements, review the travel expenses claim and verify the correctness in use of DSA (Daily Subsistence Allowance) rate, exchange rate and all supporting document are attached. Ensure correctness of disbursements and adherence to IOM accounting rules and procedures.
- Follow up on a timely manner with staff for operational advance settlement that are due.
- Circulate the itemized phone bill to staff members on monthly basis.
- Proper recording/filing of hard copy of financial documents.
- Make smooth operation in close co-ordination with banks, prepare bank transfer remittance letter and submit the supporting documents to bank for the outward payment.
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment.
- Communicate clearly with colleague and external stakeholder; Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Commerce or related discipline from an accredited academic institution with two years of experience;
- High School degree in above field with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge in financial and cash handling task.
- Familiar with excel spreadsheets, word processing and other computer tools.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills; detail oriented, committed, efficient and flexible.
- Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resources? Presents goals as shared interests
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing - Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 03 February 2019. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
From 21.01.2019 to 03.02.2019