Position: Education and Advocacy Coordinator
Location: Bajura District
Application Deadline: March 9, 2020
Starting Date: April 2020
Duration of Contract: One year with the possibility of extension
Gross Salary: 14,00,995 /annum (commensurate upon qualification and experience)
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international, non-profit humanitarian organization established in 1991 and working in 35 countries around the world. It is headquartered in South Korea. GNI has fundraising offices in the USA, Korea, and Japan, and an International Cooperation Office in Geneva. GNI currently implements 200 community development projects (CDPs), covering a variety of areas including rural development, income generation, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, child education, protection, disaster risk reduction as well as advocacy and network building. Good Neighbors International (GNI) Nepal has been working in Nepal since 2002 with the objective of improving lives of the poor people especially children through education, child protection, and income generating activities, health, WASH, and disaster risk reduction. GNI Nepal has been operating its activities in 19 districts.
GNI Nepal is implementing Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) Project in Tribenu Municipality, Badimalika Municipality, Budhiganga Municipality, Gaumul Rural Municipality and Chhededaha Rural Municipality of Bajura district under the funding of KOICA. The major aim of this project is advancing right to health of adolescent girls through improved MHM environment from 2020 to 2022.
The Education and Advocacy Coordinator will be based in Bajura District with frequent travels to the working areas.
1. Program Planning and Implementation
- Develop annual/quarterly work plan with indicators
- Develop guidelines and field-based tools for implementation of the project
- Ensure timely delivery of project's interventions and financial delivery as per plan.
- Develop annual working calendar of the Project and update the progress against the
- Provide technical guidance to implementing team including partner organization to
- ensure quality on delivery of project's intervention.
- Understand the situation of working communities and choose MHM advocacy priority.
- Develop advocacy strategy on MHM with five essential components (objective,
- audience, message, messengers and action) that will guide the advocacy effort towards achieving the goal
- Develop Information Education and Communication (IEC) and Behavioral Change
- Communication (BCC) materials such as success stories, fact sheets, posters, booklets, brochures, manuals material for newsletters, and audio visual tools and disseminate the messages through appropriate messengers
- Organize awareness raising events as per the requirement
2. Documentation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure timely preparation of progress reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and
- annual) from partner organizations and project office.
- Analyze technical and financial periodic reports on education and advocacy in terms
- of results achieved, constraints and problems, provide technical assistance and advice
- in reshaping strategies and recommend corrective actions for greater effectiveness in
- the implementation of annual work plan.
- Track/monitor progress against planned activities in order to meet the overall goal of
- the project
- Document experiences, lessons learnt, best practices and replicable strategies/approaches and support in knowledge management
3. Administration and Finance
- Ensure proper administrative work of project office with compliance to GNI Nepal
- policies, guideline and procedures.
- Meet programmatic and financial compliance of GNI Nepal while planning and
- implementation of project.
- Facilitate regular staff meeting, and promote healthy working environment among
- the team members.
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization with different
- stakeholders related to project.
- Coordinate and communicate with partner organization for effective planning and
- implementing the project's intervention.
- Plan and execute coordination meetings for harmonization of project and GNI Nepal
- Conduct field visit as per the requirement.
- Organize various events such as meeting, workshop, conferences and seminar.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in public health with at least three years’ experience or related field with five years’ experience.
- Experience in advocacy, policy development, MHM promotional materials development, implementation and evaluation of Sexual and Reproductive Health Right
- Clear understanding of menstrual hygiene and health right related issues at local level
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and manage events such as meeting, workshop, conferences and seminar as well as transfer knowledge and skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills – articulate and diplomatic.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups and to communicate effectively with officials, and a demonstrated ability to consult, influence and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Fluent in writing and speaking English and Nepali
- Flexible to work under pressure
- Able to work in a team
- Good knowledge and skills on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Photoshop, designing
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities are encouraged to apply for this position
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interview
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
All applications (Employment Application Form and a detailed CV) should be sent to email@example.com.