Position: Admin Finance Officer (AFO)
Location: Bajura District
Application Deadline: March 9, 2020
Starting Date: April 2020
Duration of Contract: One year with the possibility of extension
Gross Salary: 846,003/annum (commensurate upon qualification and experience)
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international, non-profit humanitarian organization established in 1991 and working in 35 countries around the world. It is headquartered in South Korea. GNI has fundraising offices in the USA, Korea, and Japan, and an International Cooperation Office in Geneva. GNI currently implements 200 community development projects (CDPs), covering a variety of areas including rural development, income generation, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, child education, protection, disaster risk reduction as well as advocacy and network building.
Good Neighbors International (GNI) Nepal has been working in Nepal since 2002 with the objective of improving lives of the poor people especially children through education, child protection, and income generating activities, health, WASH, and disaster risk reduction. GNI Nepal has been operating its activities in 19 districts.
GNI Nepal is implementing Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) Project in Tribenu Municipality, Badimalika Municipality, Budhiganga Municipality, Gaumul Rural Municipality and Chhededaha Rural Municipality of Bajura district under the funding of KOICA. The major aim of this project is advancing right to health of adolescent girls through improved MHM environment from 2020 to 2022.
Admin Finance Officer (AFO) in MHM Project will be fully responsible to lead overall administrative and financial related task in the project. The AFO will be based in Bajura District with frequent travels to the working area.
1. Financial Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the cash journal and finance reports, book keeping and ledger posting.
- Submit the annual internal audit of project, monitoring the transaction of the requisition and cash flow.
- Collect, check, register and keep track of all order forms, incoming and outgoing invoices, travel claims, according to Nepal law and internal procedures.
- Make cash and bank reconciliation every month.
- Prepare payroll of staffs monthly by coordinating with the HR and HO finance.
B. Software Operation
- Keep updated record of all financial transactions in the finance software.
- Keep track of leaves of staffs with the help of HRIS software.
C. Reporting and documentation
- Analyze the periodical fund and reporting to project authority.
- Prepare and submission of monthly reports and necessary periodical project document and implementation of allocated budget in Plan of Action (POA).
- Assist to prepare monthly requisition.
- Call financial monthly review meeting and present reports
D. Cash Flow/Fund Management
- Maintain cost effectiveness and keep track of budget allocation as per POA.
- Complete daily financial transaction under the supervision of immediate supervisor.
- Handle cash and treasury operations with advanced use of spread sheets for tracking expenses and payroll system with tax applications, controls for ensuring proper transactions.
- Implement GNI Nepal financial policies and procedures comply with the national accounting and financial policies and procedures.
2. Administrative duties and responsibilities:
A. General Administration
- Provide administrative support to Project Office.
- Manage water, electricity supply and telephone/internet lines.
- Comply with safety of office supplies, materials, equipment and physical facilities.
- Facilitate induction and orientation of newly recruited staff.
- Maintain office premises to provide good working environment.
- Implement administrative policies and procedures.
- Manage administrative function and establish internal administrative systems and controls.
- Maintain updated documentation, filing, folders and administrative data management in both hard copy and soft copy version.
B. Assets Management
- Maintain office equipment, buildings, materials and properties.
- Keep records of the office supplies, materials and equipment.
- Keep track of proper use, maintenance and repair of physical assets and office including vehicles, equipment, furniture, and office building as necessary.
- Conduct meetings, prepare meeting minutes.
- Coordinate administrative activities and maintain monthly and yearly timetable.
- Support in recruitment process locally and keep the employee records by coordinating with HR department.
- Keep track/record of the training and workshops for staff.
D. Procurement Function
- Engage in local procurement process as per procurement guideline
E. Inventory Management
- Manage inventory and physically verify as per need.
- Prepare the inventory report of furniture, goods and library of the project chronologically and submit to the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with three years of experience in relevant field
- Proven experience in administering project accounts
- Good computer skills including spread sheets and database
- Good organizational skills
- Hands on experience of FAMAS is preferred
- Good knowledge of the English language along with writing and communication skills.
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities are encouraged to apply for this position
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interview
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
All applications (Employment Application Form and a detailed CV) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.