Position: MEAL Officer
Location: Bajura District
Application Deadline: March 9, 2020
Starting Date: April 2020
Duration of Contract: One year with the possibility of extension
Gross Salary: 846,003/annum (commensurate upon qualification and experience)
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international, non-profit humanitarian organization established in 1991 and working in 35 countries around the world. It is headquartered in South Korea. GNI has fundraising offices in the USA, Korea, and Japan, and an International Cooperation Office in Geneva. GNI currently implements 200 community development projects (CDPs), covering a variety of areas including rural development, income generation, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, child education, protection, disaster risk reduction as well as advocacy and network building.
Good Neighbors International (GNI) Nepal has been working in Nepal since 2002 with the objective of improving lives of the poor people especially children through education, child protection, and income generating activities, health, WASH, and disaster risk reduction. GNI Nepal has been operating its activities in 19 districts.
GNI Nepal is implementing Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) Project in Tribenu Municipality, Badimalika Municipality, Budhiganga Municipality, Gaumul Rural Municipality and Chhededaha Rural Municipality of Bajura district under the funding of KOICA. The major aim of this project is advancing right to health of adolescent girls through improved MHM environment from 2020 to 2022.
The MEAL officer will play a key role to integrate M&E system in the project and will be responsible for administering overall M&E system of the project.
1. Design and implement MEAL System:
- Develop and implement MEAL plan of project to generate regular information related to project progress.
- Develop common indicators for data collection, design data collection tools/templates, and assist for regular data collection/generation process.
- Provide technical support to project staff on implementing M&E plan and logical framework.
- Collect and analyze data to determine progress achieved
2. Project Information Management
- Track project's output and outcome level results on the periodic basis in close coordination with project's implementing team as well as with IPs.
- Collect, check, verify and compile data from the field as stipulated in the M&E plan.
- Review and compile monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, capture major learning from field, photographs, case studies, video documentaries.
- Update and maintain the project's database; and provide progress data required for reports and decision making.
- Present status of M&E activities on periodic basis.
3. Capacity Development in M&E
- Provide technical support to staff members for all M&E related activities.
- Capacitate project staff on M&E concepts, skills and tools.
- Work closely with implementing team for enhancing their capacity for proper data collection and reporting.
- Support to carry out training need assessment and design ToR and training materials.
- Contribute to develop project communication materials and disseminate information.
4. Quality Assurance
- Review field level assessment reports, baseline studies and evaluation reports.
- Triangulate data received from field and ensure reliability
- Ensure that reports from partners/consultants are complete and meet the quality requirements
- Ensure compliance with project's implementing strategies and approaches.
5. Reporting and Documentation
- Prepare the MEAL unit's periodic progress report.
- Assist the Project team to prepare period reports of project by providing required information.
- Collect and/or assist to collect case story, best practice documentation, lesson learn; and update and manage that information in project's reports and other knowledge products.
- Work closely with the project's implementing team as well as the partner organization to ensure that lessons learned from project evaluations are documented properly.
- Contribute for developing and managing knowledge products (knowledge management) of project.
6. General responsibility:
- Conduct regular monitoring to project area to insure the quality delivery of inputs and contribute to achieve expected results.
- Work closely with Project's implementing team member, partner organization, government stakeholders and other parties of project for successful monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist to organize and facilitate events such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor degree in relevant field with at least three (3) years of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in designing, implementing and overseeing M&E related task.
- Sound knowledge and experience on writing reports.
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Good interpersonal, communications, and facilitation skills.
- Hands on experience of managing database software.
- Strong statistical skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Working knowledge of the English language along with writing and communication skills.
- Programmatic experience in public health, health system management, and in relevant field will have added value.
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities are encouraged to apply for this position
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interview
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
All applications (Employment Application Form and a detailed CV) should be sent to email@example.com.