Primary Duties and Responsibilities of Finance Head
The Finance Head of Finance performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Monitoring the following activities:
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Charitable Status, Withholding Payments, Income Tax, Goods, and Services Tax, Employer Health Tax
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board's Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts
- Review monthly/quarterly/annual results and implement monthly variance reporting
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Overall responsible for the finance department.
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Negotiate and manage the employee insurance and plans as per the policy of SS.
- Forecast the budget and the remaining budget as per the logical frame and coordinate with the project coordinator for the harmonization for the narrative report and financial report.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Executive Director and Treasurer
- Assist Project Coordinators with the preparation of budgets for funding applications
Project management accounting
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with funders
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization's financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
- Advise on appropriate technology that meets the organization's information requirements and financial resources.
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
- Advise the organization's leadership on appropriate financial status for the organization and the Board of Directors
- Responsible for preparing the JD of the staff working under the Finance Head.
- Time to time orientation to the staff working in the Finance department.
Fluent in reading,writing & speaking English
Good reporting and communication skills
Proficient in all aspect of computer application (Ms Office)
Must have familiar with Accounting Software-FAMAS
Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to work in the pressure environment
Interested and competent applicants (priority will be given to women) are requested to submit i) A cover letter ii) Updated Curriculum Vitae should reach by 21st June 2019 including your expected salary. Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This vacancy is also available on our website & facebook page; www.shaktisamuha.org.np & Shakti Samuha Nepal https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shakti-Samuha-Nepal.
Telephone queries will not be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process. Application without complete documentation shall not be eligible for short-listing. Salary will be negotiable.