At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security. This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We believe that poverty is an injustice, poverty is solvable and together, we have the power to end it.
This role has been created to ensure that we continue to protect people from sexual harassment exploitation and abuse and that this is managed in a professional, sensitive, coordinated, accountable, and urgent way, in line with best practices within CARE and the sector. The post holder reports to the CARE USA Head of Safeguarding and PSHEA and is responsible for socializing and raising awareness of CI’s Safeguarding and PSHEA policy.
PSHEA capacity building support and advice to Asia region country offices
regional vetting & referencing checks including implementation of the misconduct disclosure scheme
Investigation- Sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse
Emergency response and deployment
Other tasks as delegated by the Head of Safeguarding and PSHEA
Education and Experience
• Degree level of education or equivalent
• 3-5 years of safeguarding experience
• Previous experience of humanitarian work (3-5 years)
• Training in managing sensitive investigations
• Training in interview skills and techniques or mediation techniques
• Must have previous experience of managing sensitive and serious investigations involving SEA
• Must have a high level of resilience and ability to remain calm under difficult circumstances
• Must have experience in managing organizational change and uncertainty
• Must be able to impartial in the most challenging situations
• Must have an excellent problem – solving, and decision-making skills
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills • Highly confidential and discrete
• Proven experience in building and maintaining trust
• Experienced trainer, facilitator, and mediator
For detailed JD, CLICK HERE
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE
This Job is expired. The Company is no longer accepting applications for this position.
CARE Nepal, like any other International Non Government Organization (INGO) in Nepal, operates through a basic agreement with Social Welfare Council, Government of Nepal that allows it to implement various community development projects and programs in the country. These projects and programs are guided by the government’s priorities, CARE's global programming principles and the need of the local communities. The organization works closely with various ministries and departments such as Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare, Ministry of Health and Population, Ministry of Local Development, Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation just to name the few. CARE Nepal is also an active member of the Association of International NGOs (AIN).