The CARE Climate Change and Resilience Platform (CCRP) is hosted by CARE Netherland and is made up of a core team of six who lead and coordinate the integration of climate change and resilience across CARE’s development and humanitarian work. The CCRP team supports and strengthens the ability of CARE to increase resilience and to tackle the causes and consequences of climate change. We do this by building the capacities and by growing CARE’s impact, influence and income to better serve the needs of the vulnerable – particularly women and girls – as shocks and stresses, including climate change, are increasingly overwhelming and impeding progress towards CARE’s key objectives by harming poor and marginalized people. The CARE Climate and Resilience Academy is a new initiative launched by CARE’s CCRP in September 2019. It is an online e-learning platform run by CARE experts and builds on CARE’s 17 years of experience in resilience, community-based adaptation, climate advocacy, and in our own efforts to become a climate-smart organization. The platform aims to give people the necessary knowledge to understand climate change and provide them with skills and tools so that they are better able to tackle its causes and consequences. The CARE Climate and Resilience Academy offers 3 types of content: learning journeys, short online courses and trainer packs. The CCRP is looking for a proactive, enthusiastic team player and a ‘people person’ with excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills to serve as the CARE Climate and Resilience Academy’s Knowledge Management & Communications Officer. The position will have three main roles: a) Manage the growing community of CARE staff and external partners who participate in the training programmers. b) Provide operational and administrative support to the CARE Climate and Resilience Academy with primary focus being on supporting the implementation of the Academy’s learning journeys however also providing support developing new online courses and trainer packs as required. c) Assist with knowledge management and communication relating to the Academy and CARE’s Climate Change and Resilience work globally including the Country Office the position is assigned to.
Responsibilities and tasks
Manage the growing community of CARE staff and external partners who participate in the training
Provide operations and ongoing administrative support to the CARE Climate and Resilience Academy
Country Office Support
- College/ University Degree graduate at any field, with strong preference in communications and/or marketing
- At least 2 years professional experience in any industry on a similar capacity with focus on e-learning platforms, learning management systems and community building.
- Knowledge in Word Press
- Experience in back office website management and social media savvy
- Proven success contributing to teams to deliver results to tight deadlines.
- Proven record of accomplishment writing high quality communication products and plans
- Good knowledge, understanding and/or interest in climate change issues, programming and policy.
- Excellent communication skills – with a particular emphasis on fluent English written and spoken skills. French / Spanish languages are a plus.
- An innovative and creative approach and the ability to think of new ways of encouraging a vibrant learning community.
- The ability to contribute positively to a team and build positive relationships that will lead to successful outcomes.
- Attention to detail alongside the ability to see the big picture.
- Problem solving, inclusive with a positive attitude.
- A positive collaborator and a strong team player.
- Highly organized with good project management skills.
To apply for this position visit, http://www.carenepal.org/vacancy-list-page/
This Job is expired. The Company is no longer accepting applications for this position.
CARE Nepal, like any other International Non Government Organization (INGO) in Nepal, operates through a basic agreement with Social Welfare Council, Government of Nepal that allows it to implement various community development projects and programs in the country. These projects and programs are guided by the government’s priorities, CARE's global programming principles and the need of the local communities. The organization works closely with various ministries and departments such as Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare, Ministry of Health and Population, Ministry of Local Development, Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation just to name the few. CARE Nepal is also an active member of the Association of International NGOs (AIN).