Position: HR and Admin Officer
Location: Birendranagar Surkhet, MFWFO
Contract Length: Fixed term
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
HR and Admin officer will be responsible for maintaining the effective administrative and HR system in place and support to the partner organisation to make sure the compliances of HR and Admin. S/He will be responsible for effective and efficient fleet management. In addition, S/He will also provide technical assistance to partner NGOs, ensuring the high quality of implementation by maximizing the impact as per the country strategy and annual plans.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Logistic and Admin Coordinator MFWFO
Staff reporting to this post: 6 drivers. In addition, that 14 logistic officers/assistants are technically communicated with this role.
External: Represent SCI and regular contact with vendors, partner staff and applicants.
Internal: Coordination and consultation with all district and field office staffs, Kathmandu HR and supply chain team for effective HR and administration issues.
Budget Responsibilities: As per SOD
Role Dimensions: The position holder will assist for smooth function of admin and support to ensure HR function of MFWFO. S/He will also provide technical assistance to partner NGOs to ensure proper administration and HR system.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Support to recruit, screen, interview and hiring employee as necessary, following all HR process and procedures
- Timely and accurately updates the staff personnel file (as per the HR policy) and maintain its confidentiality. Safety measures should be taken to avoid any leakage and/or loss of information.
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Preparing HR documents
- Maintain HR information systems at Field Office
- Coordination with various department for annual consultancy plan and consolidate it,
- Update consultancy roster and vetting of consultant
- Process and prepare Consultancy Requisition Form (CIR), Consultancy selection note, Consultancy Agreement and other Consultancy hiring document.
- Ensure “best value for money” is achieved through a competitive and transparent procurement process considering quality, availability, time frame of consultancy hiring
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure and facilitate certain level of partner recruitment process in coordination with Project managers.
- Make arrangement of vehicles as per vehicle requests made by staff. Manage the duty schedule of drivers for vehicles movement
- Coordinates the use, scheduling, servicing and maintenance of SCI owned, leased, rented and operated vehicles and equipment, including generators, motorbikes or other mechanical equipment;
- Make sure vehicle suppliers/transport company for any of emergency accrue- Kept watch transport company and vehicle suppliers for humanitarian work
- Ensure that vehicles are well maintained and serviced, and vehicle logs are updates in time
- Maintain healthy relations with local venders, keep all record of local suppliers with suppliers' contractual obligations and develop qualified service provides’ list and monitor maintain record on performance of the service providers in coordination with procurement officer
- Supervise all the repair and maintenance performed in the office and submit bills for approval with recommendation.
- Help to process and prepare request for quotation, bid analysis, purchase order and other document related to procurement including tracking of purchase status.
- Contribute in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of logistics, distribution directives, administration work at regional office, rules and guidelines, in order to achieve the most cost-effective office management.
- Supporting the creation of learning and development programmes for building capacity of Admin/logistics staff involved in all levels.
- Carry out necessary repair and maintenance of office premises and inside office building, electrical machine, printers, photocopiers, etc
- Manage admin/Logistics support in arranging different official activities such as training, workshop, meeting etc. in an efficient way.
- Arrange for annual staff general health check-up
- Collect medical claim forms from staff, process them and send to CO KTM for further processing
- Arrange for air ticketing and hotel rooms booking for regional office programs and visitors
- Collect support staff attendance sheet and proceed to make payment
- Ensure house rent agreement on place and make house rent payment as per agreement
- All the SCI policies including donors’ requirements are followed all the time and pay attention for making zero non-compliances in Logistic and admin works in the office.
- Support Implementing partners to strengthening logistics and administrative system in their offices/ projects.
- Ensure and facilitate certain level of partner recruitment process in coordination with Project managers
Occasional Significant Duties:
- Work as team member in an emergency situation
- Carry out other duties when required and requested by the supervisor
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Management or equivalent and 3 years’ experience in HR Admin and Fleet.
- Interpersonal communication and coordination
- Leadership & management
- Program designing
- Advocacy & lobbying
- Resource mobilization
- Reporting writing and analytical skills
- Training, coaching, & mentoring
Additional Job Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here or view the original post here
Date advertised: 25 Apr 2021
Closing date: 5 May 2021 - 23:59 +0545
Location: Nepalgunj, Nepal
Department: Human Resources
Type: Fixed-term contract