Senior Technical Specialist - HIV and COVID-19 response
The Senior Technical Specialist-HIV and COVID-19 response is responsible for leading and managing all COVID-19-related program activities under FHI 360 Nepal/EpiC Nepal. The Senior Technical Specialist-HIV and COVID-19 response works closely with the FHI 360 Nepal/EpiC Nepal Program, Technical, Strategic Behavioral Communication (SBC), Strategic Information (SI) and other specialized units including other projects and provides technical assistance to FHI 360 implementing partner agencies, the Government of Nepal and other collaborating partners in a structured, systematic and effective manner to plan, implement and monitor COVID-19 response activities. Senior Technical Specialist-HIV and COVID-19 response will also provide technical assistance to EpiC Nepal and it’s implementing partner agencies for HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to COVID-19 emergency response and program activities of FHI 360/EpiC Nepal
- Provide technical assistance to urgently and quickly scale-up COVID-19 testing, capacity building for genomic sequencing in country, risk communication and community engagement (RCCE), improve infection prevention and control (IPC), and treatment including effective vents use and O2 therapy for improved treatment outcomes
- Support and facilitate procurement, distribution and tracking of COVID-19-related supplies, materials and equipment
- Support in optimizing HIV treatment, care and support services, and HIV viral load sample collection, transportation and tests to catch-up backlogs from earlier period during COVID-19 pandemic
- Support to mobilize back-up staff support to HIV service sites during COVID-19 pandemic for uninterrupted services in coordination with program unit of EpiC Nepal
- Support and provide coaching and mentoring support, and monitoring of HIV service sites to provide uninterrupted HIV services with following precautionary, preventive and protective measure.
- Support in Government of Nepal in COVID-19 vaccination campaign and roll-out at the provincial and local level through development of SBC/IEC materials, community engagement, advocacy, micro-planning and digital campaigns in coordination with SBC unit.
- Support in ventilator technical assistance activities to collect ventilators use status tracker from ventilator donated sites, document of ventilator technical assistance activities, support to develop sustainability plan and quality assurance/quality improvement checklist activities, and organize trainings/workshop/meeting.
- Support to keep track of COVID-19 status, vaccination situation, and develop support mechanisms of implementing partner agency in coordination with program unit.
- Coordinate and support implementing partner agencies on COVID-19 cases tracking and management and provide ongoing supportive supervision and quality assurance.
- Support to facilitate sessions on COVID-19 prevention in the trainings conducted by EpiC Nepal and orientation/sensitize implementing partner agencies on COVID-19 infection prevention and control
- Ensure timely completion of all project milestones as defined in the approved workplan and report to EpiC Nepal and USAID on the same through monthly progress reports and routine check-in calls.
- Oversee / work with other local EpiC Nepal consultants and staff members to ensure completion of tasks assigned as per their consultancy agreements.
- Attend periodic vents technical assistance calls, and support knowledge sharing
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor, and Country Representative and Project Director.
- MBBS with Masters in Public Health (MPH)
- Three years’ minimum work experience in infectious disease program management
- Previous public health experience working in the COVID-19 response and/or experience with airborne diseases and/or vaccination campaign as well as health emergency preferred, and experience on critical care will be added benefit
- Previous leadership of community-based initiatives, including risk communication and community engagement experience
- Proactive and independent approach to work with willingness to undertake additional responsibilities
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, work under pressure with additional time and efforts in emergency/crisis situation
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Resourceful in resolving problems and initiating solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in Nepali and English required
Deadline for application is May 7, 2021.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.