Position: Finance Associate
The Finance Associate is responsible for all financial data management including day to day financial data entry, generation of financial reports and assist finance team on overall financial management.
- Verify bills/invoices submitted to FHI 360 Nepal and prepare general vouchers and check/wire for payments.
- Verify vendor account details for online banking transfer.
- Maintain office and project financial accounts. This includes accounts payable, checking accounts, consultant contracts, travel expenses, and all subproject contracts, agreements and amendments done with implementing agencies.
- Maintain financial information on fund received by the Prime Recipient.
- Keep track of monthly routine bills/ invoices (e.g., telephones, electricity, etc) to ensure payments are processed on time.
- Responsible for petty cash management.
- Responsible for tracking the VAT payment and reimbursement record of FHI 360 Country Office.
- Responsible for TDS deduction on all payment as per applicable law, upload into the IRD website and verify in timely manner.
- Responsible for advance reconciliation.
- Provide financial support to training and workshop organized by FHI 360/Nepal.
- Participate and contribute to the overall mission of FHI 360/Nepal.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Project Director, F&A Director and/or Country Representative
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance and minimum three years’ work experience in international NGOs
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Sound knowledge of basic Accounting or Finance, including USAID regulations
- Ability to manage and work independently and efficiently
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete financial and accounting records
- Knowledge of computer programs, including Word processing, Excel and Microsoft Access
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. April 25, 2021.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.