Position: Information Technology (IT) Officer
The IT Officer provides support to end-users, internal users, or partners. Serves as the first line of support for the end user on issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, servers, network connectivity and remote access. Simulates or recreates a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. S/He works with the Country Office IT Manager, Asia IT Operations/Infrastructure team to coordinate support, project delivery, upgrades, and routine tasks.
- Provides support of computer hardware, software, printers, applications, operating systems, servers, and network devices.
- Ensures the weekly update of the Bitdefender Anti-virus of servers and clients.
- Ensures the monthly patching/Windows updates on Server and user computer.
- Performs regular backups of servers, user files, and network shared files.
- Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified.
- Configures and maintains servers, routers, switches, wireless access points, security appliances, etc.
- Maintains the office IT system and upgrades when required or as instructed by Asia/HQ IT Team.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Monitor Internet Connection on regular basis and report to ISP whenever internet is down.
- Manages and collaborates with third party suppliers/vendors where appropriate and ensures that vendor performance and provision of services and quality is in line with FHI 360 expectations that enable FHI 360 to meet or exceed service levels.
- Responsible for the optimal operation of all office devices and end user computing environments hardware, peripherals, which directly support and help manage the end user computing environment.
- Supports organizational wide priorities by ensuring optimal support and timely resolution of incidents
- Demonstrates complete ownership of all incidents or service requests
- Responsible for tracking and progress of all incidents to conclusion
- Identifies and promotes technical and operational “best practices.”
- Trains staff on newly deployed technologies
- Reviews and enforces FHI 360’s policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Advises management on everything IT (budget, procurement, strategy, project startup/closeout, vendor selection, project technologies, etc.). Attends meetings for these activities.
- Responsible for managing the Office Intranet and electronic filing system, update the intranet and insert the FHI 360 documents whenever required.
- Assist FHI 360 staff for computer layout and designing the FHI 360 documents, printing, and production.
- Report to Country office IT Manager on regular basis or when a task needs to be escalated.
- Assist staff to manage files and emails in Microsoft cloud-based system.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by IT Manager, F&A Director and Country Representative.
- Moderate understanding of Information Technology industry practices.
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Solid knowledge and experience with incident management and operations services tools and systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office 365, Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Cloud Technology, Exchange 2010/2013/Exchange Online, Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Cisco Routers/Switches, Meraki’s, and other network devices.
- A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Strong oral and written communication /soft skills. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate through assignments and routines.
- Telecommunications: PABX, VoIP, voice mail, and peripheral devices
- Server: Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Active Directory, DFS, WSUS, Virtualization Technology.
- Desktop: Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office Suite 2016, Office 365, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Anti-Virus
- Database : Knowledge of MySQL, MS-SQL queries
- Website Management: Microsoft ISS
- Cloud Technology: One Drive for Business, SharePoint Online, Azure Cloud Systems.
- Network: Cisco routers/switches, Meraki, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience with Photo and Video Editing Tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Science, or another related field.
- Preferred qualification in MCP, MCSE, CCNA or equivalent.
- At least three years of professional experience in field of Information Technology with international NGO’s preferably with USAID-funded Projects
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period and to lift 5-50 lbs.
Final Deadline for application is April 25, 2021.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.