Roles and Responsibilities
Compliance to policies, rules/regulations and guidelines
Adheres relevant policies, rules, regulations and guidelines of HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal (Personnel, Financial, Administrative policies, Security Response Guide, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Guide, Sexual Harassment & Mobbing Policy, Code of Conduct Against Corruption etc.).
- Establish an effective knowledge management system of the project and orient project team and relevant stakeholders on it;
- Identify, properly capture and process appropriate project’s knowledge;
- Prepare appropriate knowledge products e.g. snippet, leaflet, article, blog, utilize both print and non-print media (including web page);
- Identify appropriate ways and means to disseminate the knowledge products;
- Actively participate and contribute in knowledge platforms of HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation (Pamoja) or others;
- Facilitate knowledge exchange amongst in-house projects and programmes and actively collaborate with relevant stakeholders;
- Bring innovations as mandated by the project;
- Lead to manage relevant consultancies pertaining to Knowledge Management;
- Support impact evaluation/tracer studies;
- Capacitate project and partners’ team in Knowledge management system and its means.
- Devise communication strategy, approaches and implement it;
- Develop communication materials e.g. news, press release, articles, stories etc for publication in media;
- Generate publications, web-presence and public relations materials;
- Network with print, audio and audio-visual media e.g. newspapers, FM radio station and television station;
- Use social networking media to communicate about the project.
Reporting and documentation
- Assist Team Leader to deliver quality reports (semi-annual, annual reports) on time as per the donor requirements;
- Documentation of project experiences, best practices, case stories, success stories, challenges and lessons learned; prepare materials for publications;
- Collect success stories, case studies and other relevant documents for proper documentation and dissemination to the media, donors and knowledge management platform;
- Assist Team Leader to review project strategies and
- Getting involved in different studies and researches.
5. Coordination, Representation and Networking
- Coordinate with ENSSURE/PIU counterpart in preparation and dissemination of Knowledge Management products;
- Maintain good relationship within the project team, partners and stakeholders to contribute in achieving the goals and objectives of the project;
- Coordinate and network with relevant stakeholders for smooth implementation of the project.
Other Specific Responsibilities
- Professionally discharge other mutually agreed tasks assigned by the project management team, including knowledge management related tasks;
- Carry out other responsibilities assigned by the Team Leader.
A. Minimum Education Attainment: Master’s degree in Communication and Journalism, Social Science or in any relevant field.
B. Minimum Professional Experience: Minimum five years of working experience in communication and knowledge management area. Working experience with media houses, organization engaged in media research/ production is an added advantage.
C. Required Competence:
- Proven record in establishing knowledge management system
- Sound understanding on the concept and approaches of knowledge management of the project
- Proven skills to develop communication materials as news, press release, articles, stories
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Experience in working with government agencies, donors and networks of development agencies
- Result oriented personality/maintaining deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skill and a team player
- Commitment towards gender equality, social inclusion and poverty reduction
- Understanding of conflict sensitive programme management
- Fluency in Nepali and English, both written and oral
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the selection process. ENSSURE reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
Helvetas Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to women candidates and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other minority communities.