Invitation of Bids
for the Supply and Delivery of Bulldog grips
First date of publication: 12 Janaury, 2021
1. On behalf of the Government of Switzerland, the Trail Bridge Support Unit (TBSU)/Helvetas Nepal, provides technical assistance to the Government of Nepal for the implementation of the Trail Bridge Programme under the Sector-Wide Approach (SWAp). The Government of Switzerland intends to contribute part of its fund for the procurement of Bulldog grips, to respond to an urgent need to manage its deficit for the trail bridge programme for the fiscal year 2020-21.
2. Manufacturers who already have work-in-hand for the supply of Bulldog grips to the Department of Local Infrastructure (DoLI)/ Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration (MoFAGA) will not be eligible.
3. Bids are invited from reputed manufacturers for the supply of Drop Forged and Hot Dip Galvanized Bulldog grips as per the prescribed specifications. Bid Documents may also be collected by authorized agents of the manufacturers with authentic/valid authorization documents. The size and quantity of Bulldog grips to be procured are as follows:
Bulldog grips (Pcs.)
4. Bid document including specifications can be downloaded: https://www.helvetas.org/en/nepal/who-we-are/follow-us/public-announcements.
5. A signed hard copy bid, in a sealed envelope, has to be submitted at the latest by 26 January 2021 before 17:00 at the following address:
The Country Director
GPO Box: 688, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel: 977-1-5524925/26; Fax:977-1-5531109; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders' representatives who choose to attend at 14:00 on 27 January 2021 at the office as indicated in (5) above. Bids must be valid for a period of 45 days after the bid opening.
7. The price must be quoted in US dollar (US$) exclusive of all taxes and duties payable inside Nepal. The price shall be quoted on Carriage and Insurance Paid (CIP) incoterm basis per piece of Bulldog grips for all destinations of various delivery points in Nepal.
8. Each offer must be accompanied with bid bond equivalent to 2.5% of the total quoted amount in US$ in the form of bank guarantee or bank draft in favour of Helvetas Nepal from an "A" class commercial bank based in Kathmandu, Nepal. The guarantee must be valid for 90 days from the date of 26 January 2021.
9. Helvetas Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject offer(s) partially or fully without assigning any reason whatsoever.
10. Payment will be made in US$ through letter of credit (L/C) in favour of manufacturer in case of foreign manufacturer.
11. The manufacturer shall deliver the goods within 30 days after opening of L/C. Time extensions shall not be allowed.