State Manager - 5 position(s) - Open for All
Published On : 29 Jan, 2020
Application Deadline : 21 Feb, 2020
Duty Station : Province 1, 4, 5, 6, 7
Reporting to: Team Leader (TL)
- Manage activities leading towards achieving the objectives as laid down in the SWAp Framework Phase – V Document and Yearly Plan of Operations (YPO) in coherence with the valid National Policies.
- Ensure the Provincial Partner effectively and efficiently provides technical assistance to assigned provincial area.
- Ensure capacity development of stakeholders and implementing agencies in a planned outline in close coordination with Capacity Building & Monitoring Chief.
- Maintain good working relations (coordinate, facilitate, negotiate) with the concerned local and provincial governments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Compliance of Policies, Guidelines and Manuals
- Ensure compliance with SWAp Framework for the Trail Bridge Sub-Sector.
- Ensure compliance of the HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal’s policies, guidelines and Manuals.
2. Partnership Management
- Ensure that the provincial partners abide by the collaboration agreement and effectively and efficiently deliver the contractual obligations, including the gradual take-over of the roles of technical assistance and management of regional stores to support the local governments in TB building.
- Ensure the regional partners maintain all financial and administrative and other policy related obligations
- Keep track of performances of the regional partners and plan for the annual performance assessment
- Provide support for partnership management with the concerned Local Governments Municipalities and concerned Ministry of Physical Infrastructure Development (MoPID)/Transport Infrastructure Directorate (TID).
3. Planning Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor adherence to Trail Bridge Strategy (TBS)/ Local Infrastructure Development Policy (LIDP) including the compliance of environment, gender and social inclusion policies and report to TBSU.
- Ensure with the support of provincial partner that provincial government and municipalities follow annual Bridge Planning process.
- Ensure that, as per the National Policy TBS/LIDP, Routine Maintenance, Major Maintenance and Rehabilitation receive a due priority.
- Based on Programme Monitoring Information System (PMIS) and Trail Bridge Strategy Information System (TBSIS), continuously monitor the progress and quality of the bridges mobilizing partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure responsible agency/partners submit Monthly / Trimester / Annual Report (including special case stories, short photo stories, documentaries with the support from TBSU) on physical progress and statement of expenses.
4. Technical Assistance, Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Ensure that through technical team of TBSU and PTAP, the selected site is geologically and hydrologically sound.
- Ensure that the survey, design and cost estimate of the bridges are reviewed and accepted to optimized for design and cost at appropriate level by designated technical expertise of partners and government agencies.
- Ensure that process monitoring is carried out at defined mile-stones for each bridge to achieve technical as well as social safeguarding compliances designed.
- Ensure that partners and government agencies (concerned provincial government) keep track of stock of materials and stores eventually.
- Ensure smooth exit of the technical assistance by handing over the programme to the concerned Provincial governments.
5. Capacity Building
- Coach provincial Partners and Government Engineers on quality monitoring of trail bridge in coherence with the National Policy TBS/LIDP and its Core Manuals.
- Capacitate the partners in entire project management cycle of Trail Bridge to ensure partners develop technical and social competencies for Trail Bridge.
All above duties and responsibilities shall be delivered by mobilizing partners and government agencies of the respective province/municipality.
6. Personnel and Financial Administration
- Manage and evaluate the subordinates, supervise their performance and coach them as needed.
- Ensure the partners keep personnel and financial records as per set standards
- Monitor that the partners adhere to HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal’s personnel, financial and other policies and regulations
- Ensure thematic issues are addressed and transparency maintained
- Support Coordination Unit in project management as and when needed.
Required qualification, experiences and competencies
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with 5 years work experience in similar role or Master’s degree in any other relevant field with 7 years work experience in similar role (Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering will be an advantage). Commitments towards gender equality, social inclusion and poverty reduction.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, presentation and communication skills.
- Good understanding of Nepal’s rural transport infrastructure and current issues of trail bridge building in Nepal together with skills for rural infrastructure development project management;
- Familiarity with the functioning of the line agencies of the GoN, NGOs, private sector, development partners and partnership management
- Familiarity with the functioning federal system of governance
- Managerial skills of multi-cultural team work, result orientation, coaching and mentoring
- Commitment towards gender equality, social inclusion and poverty reduction;
- Ability to represent TBSU independently at provincial government and other fora.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Elam reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
Helvetas Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to women candidates and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other minority communities.
Apply Link: http://apply.helvetas.org.np/Vacancy/Apply/79