Organizational unit: LWF Nepal / Humanitarian Program
Position title: Project Officer- Livelihood and Market (PO - Livelihood & Market)
(Livelihood and Market Sector Lead for Humanitarian Project)
Grade and step: Grade 7
Duty station: Damak with frequent visit to Project sites
1. Humanitarian Project Operation Lead - DMK
2. Livelihood Program Coordinator - Technical aspects of Livelihood and Market
Duration: Yearly Contract with possibility of extension
Under the overall guidance of Humanitarian Program Coordinator, technical guidance of Livelihood Program Coordinator and direct supervision of Humanitarian Project Operation Lead -DMK, the Project Officer- Livelihood and Market (PO - Livelihood & Market) will be responsible for smooth implementation of livelihood and market component of LWF Nepal's Humanitarian Project following LWF and support Agencies strategies, policies, guidelines and plans (PPA). PO - Livelihood & Market shall also work closely with Humanitarian project sector leads, LWF Nepal programmatic leaders and functional heads and successfully carry out following tasks:
- Familiarize with human rights guaranteed by Nepal constitutions, laws and bylaws and international legal instruments (conventions and covenants and guiding principles)
- Familiarize and work in accordance with the Vision, Mission, Values, Principles, and Objectives of LWF Nepal as Humanitarian and Development Organization.
- Familiarize with and obey LWF and support Agencies Data Protection Policy.
- Be free from the political influence of any parties and the political activities.
- Strictly abide by the LWF Nepal Code of Conduct, Code of Ethics, PSEAH, Child Protection Policy, Complaint Response Mechanism etc.
- Lobby and advocate with federal, provincial and local governments; and humanitarian and development partners to include venerable communities in sectoral program, plan and policy provisions
- Contribute for resource mobilization by preparing concept notes, project documents and budget.
Management and Operation
- Take overall responsibilities of the livelihoods sector of Humanitarian project in Eastern Nepal and Kathmandu
- Take the responsibility of field operations of assessment, designing, planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the livelihood development program.
- Undertake the responsibility of organizing skill development training and to beneficiaries of the project.
- To find the livelihood needs of the vulnerable families and their capacities, outsource the best trainers/training institutes and write contracts, operate training sessions, manage on-the-job training and job placement, evaluate the performance of the graduates, and enterprise development programs, monitor the training programs in terms skill gained and productivity of the enterprises of the graduates.
- Support procurement team for procurement and delivery of goods and services require for Livelihood and Market sector.
- Provide technical support in entrepreneurship development including enterprise identification, skill training, savings & credit group or cooperative group operations.
- Provide regular technical support to on/off farm enterprises at both sub-units (Kathmandu and Damak)
- Assist group and group entrepreneurs in preparing their business planning for entrepreneurship development.
- Assist Project officer-Enterprise and employment (Kathmandu) for implementation of livelihoods activities at the filed level ensuring participation from targeted beneficiaries with the proper database.
- Assist Project Associate-livelihood and market in the field of capacitating the Community- Based Organizations Savings & Credit Groups/Cooperative Groups.
- Ensure that the beneficiaries are well aware of the design and process of livelihoods programs.
- Assist in writing project proposals.
Coordination and linkages
- Maintain good communication and close coordination with respective personnel in support Agencies, Federal, Provincial and Local Governments, Humanitarian and Development partners and Project Beneficiary.
- To establish a close working relationship with the local governments and relevant stakeholders for business registration, market linkage and enterprise promotion.
- Build linkage with financial institutions, market management, and other stakeholders, and coordination with Technical Committee/Task Force.
- To coordinate with stakeholders and training institutes in identifying short-term and medium-term skill development training, CTEVT skill certification, on-the- job training and job placement and entrepreneurship/enterprise development/value chain development areas.
4. Planning, monitoring, documentation and reporting
- Monitor the policy provisions and changed context and prepare annual/periodic plan and budget of enterprise and employment components.
- Carry out systemic monitoring of enterprise and employment sector objective and outputs following agreed performance indicator.
- Maintain project record/database as per donor/support organizations requirement.
- Maintain records of project Beneficiaries related to livelihoods and markets including enterprise and employment and other related information and suggest ways forward for challenges to resolve issues pertaining to self-reliance issues.
- Prepare and submit event, weekly and monthly reports following donor/support organizations requirement.
- Contribute in preparing quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports following donor/support organizations requirement.
- Attend donor/support agency meetings as needed.
- Represent LWF Nepal in AIN Livelihood working group, food security cluster and other Livelihood related networks as and when advised.
- Carry out other duties assigned/requested by the Operation Head-DMK or LWF Nepal Management.
Required Qualification, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Livestock, Business Management, or related academic discipline
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience-working on Livelihood and Market Management.
- Knowledge and skills on Market, Value Chain, and public private partnership approaches.
- Proven experience on Program Cycle Management
- Knowledge on farm and off-farm enterprises and business development.
- Knowledge on institutional development and capacity building.
- Knowledge and skills on information collection, documentation and dissemination.
- Coordination and linkage development with market actors and Local/ Provincial Governments
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with multiple deadlines and irregular working hours
- Willingness to take multiple roles
- Proficient basic computer skill including MS Word, Excel, email.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Valid driving license of two wheeler
- High level of organizational integrity
Note: The job description is subject to revision as per the requirement of LWF Nepal.
Result oriented Nepalese individual candidates are requested to submit the CV along with the interest letter to Human Resource Department at email@example.com by 13 January 2021
Qualified female candidates and candidates from Dalit, disadvantaged and socially excluded group are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for selection process. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.