Organizational unit: LWF Nepal / Humanitarian Program
Position title: Project Associate- Livelihood and Market (PA-Livelihood & Market)
Grade and step: Grade 5
Duty station: Damak, Jhapa with frequent visit to project sites
- Project Officer-Livelihood and Market
- Livelihood Program Coordinator - Technical aspects of Livelihood and Market
Duration: Yearly Contract with possibility of extension
Under the overall guidance of Humanitarian Operation Lead- DMK, technical guidance of Livelihood Program Coordinator and direct supervision of Project Officer-Livelihood and Market, the Project Associate- Livelihood and Market (PA- Livelihood & Market) will be responsible to assist and implement livelihood and market component of LWF Nepal's Humanitarian Project in Eastern Nepal following LWF and support Agencies strategies, policies, guidelines and plans (PPA). PO- Livelihood & Market shall also work closely with Project sector leads, LWF Nepal programmatic leaders and functional heads and successfully carry out following tasks:
- Familiarize with human rights guaranteed by Nepal constitutions, laws and bylaws and international legal instruments (conventions and covenants and guiding principles)
- Familiarize and work in accordance with the Vision, Mission, Values, Principles, and Objectives of LWF Nepal as Humanitarian and Development Organization.
- Familiarize with and obey LWF and support Agencies Data Protection Policy.
- Be free from the political influence of any parties and the political activities.
- Strictly abide by the LWF Nepal Code of Conduct, PSEAH, Code of Ethics, Child Protection Policy, Complaint Response Mechanism etc.
- Lobby and advocate with federal, provincial and local governments; and humanitarian and development partners to include venerable communities in sectoral program, plan and policy provisions
Management and Operation
- Implement livelihood program under the supervision of Project Officer-Livelihood and Market. The program includes market assessment, short-term and medium-term skill training, business/entrepreneurship training, on the job training, job placement, saving and credit mobilization, capacity development training, information campaign etc.
- Design and implement information campaigns, conduct social mobilization, beneficiary identification, enterprise identification, counselling to the participants of trainings, and other livelihood related tasked under supervision of Project Officer.
- Assist in developing livelihood strategy and project operations which will benefit the venerable households.
- Design and conduct relevant assessments as well as make recommendation for design and implementation of projects/programs.
- Maintain good relationship with groups, community-based organization (CBOs), local authority and relevant stakeholders so that program interventions would be carried out effectively in efficient manner.
- Work closely with community service unit of LWF in order to provide community-based approach and to ensure inclusion of who are socio-economically vulnerable.
- Ensure participation of targeted group or people (PSN-SEV/women/youth) in every activity conducting at the field level.
- Conduct various capacity building trainings and meetings including regular livelihood technical support
- Provide technical support to on/off farm livelihoods interventions agriculture, livestock, and farm based enterprise.
- Train beneficiaries develop and operationalize business/development plan.
- Facilitate targeted community and groups for their institutional development, enterprise promotion, value chain development and marketing.
- Establish functional relation and coordination with other departments for smooth implementation of the program activities.
- Assist in establishing a close working relationship with the relevant authorities, link the entrepreneur groups/cooperatives, markets with related local organizations/stakeholders for the sustainability of livelihood program.
- Assist in working with Community Based Organizations and provide technical support for fund raising for self sustainable management of the organizations.
- Assist in preparing livelihood strategy, project concept, and detail implementation plan and project performance report.
- Planning, monitoring, documentation and reporting
- Monitor the policy provisions and changed context and prepare annual/periodic plan and budget of enterprise and employment components.
- Carry out systemic monitoring of livelihood and market intervention in line with sectoral objective and outputs following agreed performance indicator.
- Maintain project record/database as per donor/support organizations requirement.
- Maintain records of beneficiaries related to Livelihoods including enterprise and employment and other related information and suggest ways forward for challenges to resolve issues pertaining to self-reliance issues.
- Prepare and submit event, weekly and monthly reports following donor/support organizations requirement.
- Contribute in preparing quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports following donor/support organizations requirement.
- Attend donor/support agency meetings as needed.
- Represent LWF Nepal in AIN Livelihood working group, food security cluster and other Livelihood related networks as and when advised.
- Carry out other duties assigned/requested by the PO-Livelihood and Market.
Required Qualification, Skills and Competencies:
- Intermediate in Agriculture, Livestock, Business Management, or related academic discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience-working on Livelihood and Market Management.
- Knowledge on Market, Value-chain.
- Proven experience on Program Cycle Management
- Knowledge on and of farm enterprise and business development.
- Knowledge on institutional development and capacity building.
- Knowledge and skills on information collection, documentation and dissemination.
- Coordination and linkage development with market actors and Local/ Provincial Governments
- Ability and commitment to be mobile to support project participants
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with multiple deadlines and irregular working hours
- Willingness to take multiple roles
- Proficient basic computer skill including MS Word, Excel, email.
- Valid driving license of tow wheeler
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- High level of organizational integrity
Note: The job description is subject to revision as per the requirement of LWF Nepal.
Result oriented Nepalese individual candidates are requested to submit the CV along with the interest letter to Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 January 2021
Qualified female candidates and candidates from Dalit, disadvantaged and socially excluded group are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for selection process. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.