Organizational unit: LWF Nepal / Humanitarian Program
Position title: Project Associate - Operation
Grade and step: Grade 5
Duty station: Kathmandu with frequent visit to Project sites
Reports to: Humanitarian Project Operation Lead
Duration: Yearly contract with possibility of extension
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Humanitarian Program Coordinator and the direct supervision of Humanitarian Project Operation Lead, the Project Associate will be responsible to support Humanitarian Program Operation in Kathmandu following LWF and support Agencies strategies, policies, guidelines and plans (PPA). Project Associate shall also work closely with project team, LWF Nepal programmatic leaders and functional heads and successfully carry out following tasks:
- Familiarize with human rights guaranteed by Nepal constitutions, laws and bylaws and international legal instruments (conventions and covenants and guiding principles)
- Familiarize and work in accordance with the Vision, Mission, Values, Principles, and Objectives of LWF Nepal as Humanitarian and Development Organization.
- Familiarize with and obey LWF and support Agencies Data Protection Policy.
- Be free from the political influence of any parties and the political activities.
- Strictly abide by the LWF Nepal Code of Conduct, PSEAH, Code of Ethics, Child Protection Policy, Complaint Response Mechanism etc.
- Take full responsibility of smooth operation of Project Sub Unit in Kathmandu with proper care and maintenance of Project services.
- Conduct quarterly review of physical and financial progress of Project Sub Unit in line with approved project documents, budget and work plan.
- Prepare and submit event, monthly, quarterly, mid-year and annual reports.
- Ensure logical utilization of project Sub Unit resources and services.
- Ensure rolling out and maintenance of complaint response mechanism and application of LWF policies and guidelines including CoC, PSEA, CPP at Project Sub Unit.
- Maintain functional relationship with support Agencies and related support Stakeholders.
- Strictly abide and adhere safety and security guideline/SOP at Project Sub Unit.
- Regularly identify the food, accommodation, healthcare housekeeping needs and other services. This also includes identifying care and maintenance needs of the physical facilities of the Project Sub Unit.
Store and Asset Management:
- Prepare, verify and update inventory of reception center assets in Project Sub Unit.
- Maintain store books, records, bin cards and filing of all-important documents in systematic way of indexing.
- Prepare monthly stock update, consumption report as per the consumption chart filled by the related Project Sub Unit staff.
- Regularly monitor the vehicle and generator log book and fuel consumption.
- Prepare monthly stock report.
- Prepare and roll-out Humanitarian Project annual procurement plan in collaboration with LWF Nepal Procurement Officer.
- Procure kitchen, housekeeping, health care supplies and other services for Project Sub Unit.
- Liaise with vendors/suppliers for timely and quality delivery of goods and services as per project order/work order.
- Support LWF Nepal procurement officer in collecting, verifying and forwarding documents for storekeeping and payment.
- Be the custodian and overall in-charge of petty cash.
- Attend donor/support agency meetings as needed.
- Carry out other duties assigned/requested by the Humanitarian Project Operation Lead, KTM or LWF Nepal Management
Required Qualification, Skills and Competencies:
- Intermediate or Plus Two in Management, Social Studies or related academic discipline
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience-working in Admin, Logistics, Procurement, Housekeeping Work.
- Working knowledge of procuring goods and services.
- Store management and inventory controls
- Good team player.
- Good learning attitude
- Proficient in computer applications including email, MS Word, Excel.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with multiple deadlines and irregular working hours
- Willingness to take multiple roles
- Good interpersonal communication.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Valid driving license of two wheeler
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- High level of organizational integrity
Note: The job description is subject to revision as per the requirement of LWF Nepal.
Result oriented Nepalese individual candidates are requested to submit the CV along with the interest letter to Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 January 2021
Qualified female candidates and candidates from Dalit, disadvantaged and socially excluded group are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for selection process. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.