Job no: 540844
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Communication / External Relations, Consultancy
The Communication Officer is responsible for the timely development and production of campaigns and digital content products to advance UNICEF’s mandate and to best profile the story of children’s rights and international development to achieve child rights. Emphasis is on the implementation of a content and visibility strategy related to the EU-funded programmes, with a focus on communication around the Multi-Sector Nutrition Plan.
Duties & Tasks
- Implement the tasks in the Communication workplan and strategy, including that of the MSNP/Visibility plan - as assigned.
- Collaborate with relevant programme sections to gather content and coverage of relevant country programmes (with a focus on the MSNP) to identify effective/emotive relevant activities and results. Develop complementary, country specific and local community multi-media materials accordingly.
- In accordance with strategic objectives, design/conceptualize and produce plans for key advocacy milestones and multi-media media plans, in collaboration with relevant partners, including key donors.
- Produce and/or follow up on the production of advocacy and communication materials (e.g., animation films, videos, audio-visuals, etc.), and oversee the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translations, reviews of layout and graphic design etc.).
- Provide written or editorial support for relevant documentation including briefing notes, web pages, human interest stories, social media content and donor related reports.
- Liaise with colleagues to guide strategic approaches and brief/coordinate activities with graphic designers and film/animation agencies as needed, to produce visuals, animations, or infographics for campaigns.
- Maintain focus on visibility requirements in line with pre-agreed plans with donors and continually identify opportunities for visibility that can reinforce/strengthen relations with donor, from social media posts, op-eds to virtual field visits.
- Establish or maintain an up-to-date documentation/media repository for communication materials including videos and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc. related to the MSNP and donor requirements.
- Recommend established contacts, networks, resources and processes to support communication activities.
- Prepare background communication and promotional materials for briefings to relevant donors or partners as per the need.
- Support Communication for Development (C4D) activities related to MSNP implementation
Monitoring and evaluation
Duties & Tasks
- Monitor and evaluate the appropriate and timely dissemination of advocacy and multi- media materials to target audiences and participate in the evaluation of their impact. Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials. Maintain a library of content.
- Assist in providing feedback to the donor on the use and effectiveness of communication materials such as images and multimedia products.
- Ensure good quality data collection, analysis and evaluation and reporting to ensure effective media strategies, planning and effective and efficient advocacy.
- Monitor the public perception of UNICEF’s programme and donor engagement in relation to MSNP in the country and recommend appropriate action to maintain a positive image for the organization and donor.
- Undertake lessons learned review of successful and unsuccessful experiences and content as directed by supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 31 May 2021 Nepal Standard Time
Deadline: 14 Jun 2021 Nepal Standard Time