Fixed Term: Administrative & Finance Assistant, GS5, ROSA Kathmandu, Nepal (Internal and External), #118778
Job no: 547317
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Finance and Administration
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, deliver!
The Administrative and Finance Assistant GS5 reports to the Budget and Finance Specialist and provides a broad variety of administrative and financial tasks in support of Operations at the Regional Office
How can you make a difference?
As Admin and Finance Assistant, you need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Provide travel assistance to staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel and extracts, inputs, maintains, and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- Responsible for invoice processing by collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in vision and uploading electronic files and verify results to destination system.
- Support financial control by maintaining unit/work plans and budgets as well as offline financial status reports for Unit work plans, monitoring and advising budget owners on financial status of projects and potential over-expenditures and recommend possibilities for reallocation to ensure the optimum use available funds and review and process payments in VISON related to HACT, utility payments, supplies, PO, advances, and other payments. Check the requests have the necessary supporting documents, usually the original document, validity of the charge, they are certified by the staff responsible and are coded correctly. File the transactions and the related supporting documents regularly and share copies with relevant sections as required.
- Facilitate contracting of consultant and other service provider by processing of contracts for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the section, maintains vendor lists partners, and consultant rosters up to date and arrange for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
- Support events and conferences by organizing capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers, and hosts.
- Provide general Administrative Duties as and when required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical, or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This VA is open to Nepali national only.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 28 Dec 2021 Nepal Standard Time
Deadline: 09 Jan 2022 Nepal Standard Time