Mott MacDonald is committed to improving people's lives through creating and delivering tailored development solutions.
We work in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy - while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity.
What makes us different is that we approach problems from a fresh perspective. As an employee-owned company, we have the freedom and independence of mind to find new ways to enhance human well-being and foster social and economic development through connected thinking.
Mott MacDonald has recently been appointed by the Department for International Development (DFID) as Implementing Supplier for the Nepal Post Earthquake Reconstruction Programme. The Programme will provide planning support for post-earthquake recovery; design, supervision and delivery of reconstructed community infrastructure; address the barriers to private sector involvement in this reconstruction; and a challenge fund to ensure that the poor and most vulnerable are not left behind. The Programme will operate across Gorkha, Dhading, Nuwakot and Rasuwa, with the main office in Kathmandu.
The Senior Administrator is responsible for ensuring that all administrative aspects of Purnima run effectively. S/he will be based in the Mott MacDonald Sanepa Office, with travel to District offices as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Work Pattern: Full-Time
Recruiter Contact: Janet Thatcher
Region: Asia Pacific
Sector: International development
- Liaise with Mott MacDonald Regional HQ and UK support services (HR, Tax, Finance, Admin) and complete administrative tasks as required to ensure smooth running and compliance of MML Nepal with all local legislation on tax, employment, health and safety
- Responsible for drafting and issuing contracts for short-term consultants and organising their deployment in liaison with the Operations & Technical Teams;
- Responsible for drafting, issuing and administering supplier contracts to ensure compliance with the contract conditions, payment terms, variations, and MML procedures
- Ongoing contract management of downstream suppliers, in close collaboration with Purnima Technical Leads;
- Support in procurement of goods and services in compliance with DFID and Mott MacDonald policies;
- Responsible for administering and ensuring compliance with MML tender & evaluation procedures for large services procurement;
- Complete the required due diligence for third party suppliers;
- Ensure all administrative & contract documents are properly filed
- Support in ensuring compliance with DFID, Mott MacDonald and Purnima operations, HR, procurement and finance procedures and policies at Kathmandu and District level;
- Support in implementation of strong fiduciary risk management of Purnima’s delivery chain (downstream suppliers), including regular financial monitoring, due diligence, ethical training
- Support in Operation of the Mott MacDonald Business Management Systems (BMS) procedures, including health, safety and security as required by Mott MacDonald for the project;
- Promote strong work ethic, good governance and anti-corruption behaviour;
- Support in organising transport and accommodation, technical events, and logistics for field visits.
- Support to ensure the timely provision of office facilities and services, transportation, accommodation, bookings and service contracts as required for the project;
Human Resource Support
- Support in managing the administration of the Project(s) HR policies and procedures to ensure they are followed by all staff as directed from UK HR,
- Issue and collate new employee contracts and ensure all supporting documentation is sent to IDS UK HR
- Inform IDS UK HR of any leavers, or contract changes.
- Support the IDS Talent Manager with the recruitment of technical and other non-technical personnel;
- Liaise with the IDS HR team in Cambridge on local employment issues.
- Experience in administration;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work autonomously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Nepali;
- Human Resources Qualification highly desirable
- Experience in administration or project management for a development consultancy highly desirable
- Experience of company compliance requirements in Nepal highly desirable
- Experience of working for an international organisation,
- Experience of procurement and contract management;
- Ability to liaise efficiently with individuals and organisations;
- Experience in operating within environments with diverse cultures and practises;
- Ability to use computer systems and standard office software reliably;
- Degree in public administration, accounting, project management or other related area
Visit link to apply :