Under the direct supervision of the Senior Engineer, the engineer will:
- Facilitate the Municipality's technical team for initial listing (identification) of potential climate resilient development plans (LAPAs) and short-listing by Ward Committees.
- Facilitation and coordination for undertaking several technical assessments of potential LAPAs schemes (climate profile, feasibility, detail design/estimation, preparation of bidding /contract documents etc.) as per prescribed engineering manual, guidelines and reporting formats).
- The technical job will include hydraulic and structural designs, field layouts, planning and execution of detail surveys for a variety of rural infrastructures scattered over a wide area of the Municipality.
- Facilitate and coordinate with Municipality's technical and planning teams for detail screening of the shortlisted LAPAs through analysis of several aspects of feasibility and climate profile and use of relevant prioritization criteria already agreed at the Municipality level.
- Guide to and coordinate with technical team of the Municipality for contract administration, compliance to quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) requirements, reporting to the Senior Engineer, maintaining documentation of technical supervision and monitoring of the activities by concerned stakeholders including Municipality's monitoring committees.
- Facilitate to the Municipality's technical team for preparation of periodic and project completion reports of the LAPA schemes since mobilization of the service provider (Contractors/users' committees) till the completion stage.
- Facilitate and guide on technical aspects of Operation and Maintenance (O&M) of the LAPAs, completed LAPAs infrastructures, other infrastructures (database, planning, design, implementation and reporting arrangements).
- Daily coordination with TA's Municipality level Coordinator and other team members for devising and implementing action plan (weekly/monthly) and preparation of internal progress report for submission to Regional TA Team regarding the TA's and LAPA activities simultaneously.
- Provide technical information and support for preparation of a variety of reports of TA activities at the Municipal and Regional levels.
- Guide and mobilize Sub-Engineers (working under TA) for support to design and implementation of LAPAs.
- Carry out relevant technical and management tasks as instructed by TA's Regional team of Senior Engineers and regular instructions from TA's central office based in Kathmandu.
Required competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional experience in civil engineering with a focus on hydraulic and structural designs, field layouts, planning and execution of detail surveys for a variety of rural infrastructures.
- Prior experience in remote areas, in sectors like irrigation (canals/ponds), WATSAN, landslide/riverbank protection structures (bioengineering) etc. in rural and semi-urban contexts.
- Experience in usage of computers and software packages (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) are a must.
- Professional experience in AutoCAD, hydraulic/structural design software, use of electronic survey equipments will be highly preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, but also a team player with the willingness to learn and support the learning of others.
- Fluency in written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali is essential.
- Energetic to work in remote areas with limited facilities yet highly committed to professional work to achieve tangible outcome for the benefits of the most vulnerable people.
Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned management, development and engineering consultancy serving the public and private sector around the world, with more than 16,000 staff worldwide. Our International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates portfolios within the international development sectors of Environment, Climate, Water, Roads, Rural & Urban Development, Education, Health, Social and Economic Development in over 40 countries. Together we implement and manage projects in developing countries and emerging economies around the world, supporting national governments and municipalities in policy, planning, project design and delivery. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to improve the lives of people in need.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Job Ref: 54838BR
Recruiter Contact: Janet Thatcher
Region/State: All - Nepal
Discipline: International Development
Sector: International development
Website Region: Asia Pacific
Website Sector: International development
The deadline for all the posts above will be 7th Feb 2022, Monday COB.
To Apply please click the link below