|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume), Cover Letter/Application|
|Job Category||:||Accounting / Finance|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Educational Qualification||:||Master's degree in Finance /Business Administration|
|Expiry Date||:||2018-06-22 - Expired|
Job Profile – MSME Finance Expert
Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned management, development and engineering consultancy serving the public and private sector around the world, with more than 16,000 staff worldwide.
Our International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates portfolios within the international development sectors of Environment, Climate, Water, Roads, Rural & Urban Development, Education, Health, Social and Economic Development in over 40 countries. Together we implement and manage projects in developing countries and emerging economies around the world, supporting national governments and municipalities in policy, planning, project design and delivery. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to improve the lives of people in need.
We are seeking a Finance Expert to support Bank and Financial Institutions (BFIs) to develop innovative financial products and support Medium Small and Micro Enterprises (MSMEs) related to construction on a complex DFID-funded post-earthquake reconstruction programme covering four Districts (Gorkha, Dhading, Nuwakot, Rasuwa). The programme aim is long-term positive change in the lives of people in earthquake-affected regions of Nepal.
The implementation phase of the programme commenced in May 2018 for a 4.5 year duration and will work in about 42 rural and urban municipalities in the four core districts and adjacent areas most affected by the earthquake. It comprises five Output Areas:
- Support and provide capacity building to Government at central, district and local level in detailed year-wise reconstruction planning.
- Direct physical reconstruction, including subcontracting and supervision of agreed priority earthquake reconstruction interventions, including reconstruction of water supply, foot trails, bridges, schools, public buildings, and potentially other areas.
- Analysis of, and interventions to address, constraints to the private sector, including supply of labour, materials and transport in the construction sector.
- Managing a Challenge Fund to leave no-one behind in the reconstruction effort and promote transformational change for women and girls.
- An evaluation and learning component.
The Finance Expert will be responsible for helping BFIs develop new and innovative financial products for MSMEs, and ensuring that MSMEs benefit from these new products. The input is initially for 9 months but may be extended. The position will be based in Kathmandu and will require frequent travel to the project area.
Reporting to the Private Sector Development (PSD) Lead, the Finance Expert will:
- Conduct a comprehensive diagnostic study of access to finance by construction sector MSME in Project districts;
- Review BFI lending practices to MSMEs and identify the major bottle necks;
- Engage with BFIs to support to develop new /innovative loan products for MSMEs;
- Support MSMEs to adopt the new loan products;
- Periodic review of the adoption of the new loan products and capture the learning;
- Provide support to refine the loan product based on the learning of the pilot interventions; and
- Other tasks as assigned by the PSD Lead.
- Master's degree in Finance /Business Administration with at least 5 years’ experience in banking sector
- Good knowledge and experience of Access to Finance for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) development
- Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written English and Nepali
- Knowledge and skills in basic computing, demonstrated inter-personal skills in working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges of post-earthquake reconstruction
- Willing to travel extensively throughout the project area, including on foot as well as by jeep and motorbike
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Please apply at the following link by 22-June-2018
This job is expired.