United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards fullness of life. As they serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in ten districts of the country, building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Position: Communications Officer (Kathmandu based with field visits)
UMN is seeking a passionate, creative communicator with strong interest in and commitment to
development and poverty alleviation.
Working as part of the Communications Team, the Communications Officer will help to create high quality publications that will effectively communicate the impacts and challenges of UMN’s work to a range of audiences, including western audiences. This will involve collecting information, stories and photographs, writing and editing according to purpose and audience, and contributing to the development of innovative communication materials.
Minimum qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or a related area;
• At least two years’ experience in communications, media, advertising, copy writing, journalism, and/or in the aid/NGO sector;
• Very high levels of skill in both English and Nepali (English: IELTS Level 6, or similar level);
• Ability to write creatively, engagingly and accurately in both English and Nepali for a range of audiences, including western audiences;
• Ability to work in a team, contributing and valuing the contributions of others, and prioritising work to fit schedules and meet deadlines.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website:
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Wednesday 3 February 2016. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from women and marginalised groups.
|SN.||JOB TITLE||NO.||LOCATION||DEADLINE||DOWNLOAD JD* & AF**|
|NOTICE||JD DOC||AF DOC|
|1.||Communications Officer||1||Kathmandu||3 February, 2016|