Project Coordinator- Child Protection - (200001AY)
Position Title: Project Coordinator - Child Protection
Employee Type: Fixed Term Contract
Supervisor Title: Technical Manager-CRG and CP
Department: Program Operations/Child Rights Governance & Child Protection
Work Location: Rautahat and Mahottari District (Palika Based)
Child Safety: Level 2
Save the Children (SC) is seeking a Project Coordinator - Child Protection for Rautahat and Mahottari District (Palika Based) office in Nepal. The project Coordinator-CP will be responsible for timely implementation of the project activities and carry out necessary coordination with the Wards, Palikas and District Coordination Committees in consultation with the Technical Manager – CRG and CP. S/he will provide technical guidance and inputs to District/Municipal level stakeholders and Partner’s project team to support the implementation of high quality CP program focusing on system strengthening (to reduce child, early and forced marriage) as per the project framework and scope.
The Project Coordinator-CP will be based in Rautahat and/or Mahottari district. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Technical Manager-CRG and CP in the field office. S/he will work in close coordination with relevant government institutions based in the District/municipality to ensure necessary involvement and ownership of the relevant stakeholders.
The role holder is also responsible for ensuring quality delivery of the project at implementing sites by maximizing the impact as per the desired project goal. S/he will ensure effective planning, quality implementation, monitoring, reporting, financial and partnership management in close consultation and guidance from the Technical Manager – CRG and CP. The position holder will also need to work in close coordination with R-CEFM project team based in the same geographic location and/or District/Province.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Project Planning and budgeting
- Support in the planning and budgeting of R-CEFM project in accordance with the guidelines, framework, policies and country strategic plan.
- Support Wards and Palikas in developing cost effective and result oriented plans in collaboration/consultation with community/palika/district-based stakeholders to strengthen child protection system for immediate and long-lasting changes in the lives of children.
- Support the Local Government to develop plan and budget along with Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and phased budget.
- Provide technical support to the Local Government in the area of child protection (child, early, and forced marriage) and child rights governance.
- Support Local Government to implement plan & budget as stipulated in the detail implementation plan and phased budget.
- Implement planned activities in close consultation with technical line manager, track budget vs expenses on monthly basis and submit to Technical Manager. Develop corrective action plan if required and ensure its implementation.
- Ensure partners have quality assurance mechanisms system built in their programs and provide necessary support to develop the system.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct regular field visits with appropriate tools and checklists to monitor program effectiveness and needs of the beneficiaries. Hold regular interaction with beneficiaries.
- Support in carrying out Baseline and End line evaluation.
- Provide technical support in data collection in collaboration with MEAL team and analyse the data against the performance indicators and targets on periodic basis.
- Support in collection of Total Reach and its reporting.
- Conduct review of progress made by the partner organization on a trimester basis; identify and work with partner organizations to build their capacity, cost efficiency, accountability and organizational performance. Assist partners to make necessary changes in their original plans if required.
Project Reporting and Documentation
- Assist line manager to prepare and submit periodic reports on time.
- Document key learning from information produced through implementation, monitoring, evaluations and accountability mechanisms.
- Document case studies, best practices, news cuttings, process, visual documentation and other as per project requirement.
- Support partners to document innovative approaches, best practices, and lesson learned, etc.
- Share learning with line manager, partners and other stakeholders at palika/district level.
- Support partner and project team to develop forms and formats for reporting purpose and orient them to meet the reporting donor requirement.
Capacity Development of partner and stakeholders
- Orient partner staff and ensure that they have clear understanding of the project’s objectives, results, and co- relation of outcomes, outputs and interventions.
- Support Technical Manager to ensure partners are clear on their assigned tasks and SC’s zero tolerance policies.
- Work closely with technical manager to build the capacity of Palika representatives and partner staff through coaching, mentoring and training.
- Support the technical manager to design and develop training manual, internal protocol/guidelines/leaflets and facilitate in building capacity of Palika representatives, partners, and stakeholders for effective implementation of the project.
Partnership management, compliance and organization development
- Ensure that partners comply with organisational, Government, SC policies, and donor’s requirements on timely basis.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Assist line manager to ensure that the partners prepare and implement organizational development plans including budget and monitor accordingly.
Coordination, Collaboration and networking
- Establish strong institutional relationship with relevant government agencies particularly palikas, WCPC, MCPC, etc. for SC’s visibility and sustainability of the project interventions.
- Maintain close coordination with Project team members for effective implementation of the project.
- Strengthen networking and coordination at district level for resource maximization.
- Represent Save the Children including CRG/CP themes and its values at the local, district and national level.
- Work as per need based on the line manager’s and the team’s requirement to fulfil other functions of the project.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in in Social Science, Human Rights, International Relations, Law or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years (2 years for GSI group). Experience in child rights-based project implementation and experience of working closely with the government will be an added advantage.
- Strong project/program development and overall project management skills
- Higher degree of taking initiatives and has ability to work independently
- Strong leadership and managerial capability
- Sound interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic reports that document program directions and results
- Partnership Management (both government and non-government) skills
- Ability to work in a stressful and changing environment with limited resources
- Willingness to keep abreast of new developments through continued learning
- Very Good understanding of contemporary child rights issues, activities and approaches
- Good information seeking skills and proactive approach
- Fluency in English and Nepali, both written and spoken
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC; a good understanding of the SCI mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Familiarity with key international standards for humanitarian work (e.g. Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, SPHERE, MHPSS IASC guidelines, Inter-agency guiding principles on UASC, etc.). team player who can work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
Qualified local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children - every day and in times of crisis - transforming their lives and the future we share. Save the Children adheres Safeguarding Policy, including its Child Safeguarding and Global Anti-harassment Policy, with high importance and commits rigorous procedure to ensure all our personnel and programs are safe for children. All candidates will be, therefore, subject to strict background checks.
Save the Children invites applications for the position(s) from interested and eligible candidates (Nepali Citizens only) who are reliable, accountable, with an ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who values diversity.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Feb 28, 2020