Organizational Unit: LWF Nepal/Country Office
Position Title: Store Keeper
Duty Station: Country Office, Kathmandu
Report to: Finance and Admin Manager- CO
Duration: Till December 2020 with possibility of extension
Current Employee: TBD
Store Keeper of the Lutheran World Federation Nepal is responsible for all the work related to the assets record, documentation, and reporting and store management by complying LWF Nepal’s relevant policies. Store Keeper will perform under the direct supervision of Finance and Admin Manager. S/he must adhere to the principles of LWF Nepal and must follow in thought, words and deeds. His/her primary duties include the following.
- Familiarize and work in accordance with the Vision, Mission, Overall Goals and Objectives of LWF as a Humanitarian and Development Organization.
- Familiarize her/himself with LWF Nepal's administration and logistics in operations. Comply with the LWF Nepal policies.
- Familiarize and work in accordance with the established strategies of LWF Nepal.
- Be free from the political influence of any parties and the political activities. SPECIFIC
- Keep the official record of official materials/ stationaries, documents, publication in the stock ledger.
- Keep the overall record of fixed assets (equipment, furniture, fixture and machinery etc.) systematically and properly in fixed Assets Register as well in computerized form with proper code and also its locations.
- Make a reconciliation of stocks and assets and provide the report to Finance and Admin Manager.
- Provide the year end status and report of stock and assets.
- Ensure the physical security of office items and its wellbeing by coding each assets received.
- Check the store materials time-to-time, and verify with the store records periodically. If found any variance or problem, rectify the variance in time and maintain the accurate and proper store records in advance in pro-active way.
- Issue stationeries or other official goods after approval of Requisition Form by the concerned authority.
- Prepare purchase requisition on the basis of the approved Requisition Form, prepare goods received notes (GRN) on the basis of invoice and requisition form, and properly maintain the store record on the basis of the above documents.
- On the basis of requisition form from the project offices perform the task of counting, packing, and dispatching the project materials to the project offices.
- Properly maintain the goods in the shelves by maintaining bin cards.
- Prepare gate pass and the challan record properly when the goods are sent outside the office, to the project offices and the individuals.
- Arrange materials for training, workshop, meeting or any event as per requisition form provided by the organizer.
- Undertake the physical verification of fixed and other assets along with the Finance and Admin Manager twice a year and prepare and submit the report to the concerned authorities.
- Check the actual goods in the store with the stock ledger. Justify the variance or shortcoming with proper evidence.
- Update the fuel record of Generator.
- Check the invoices/ bills properly (price, units, quality and other specifications as per requisition and purchase order, and submit to the finance after checking by the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Check and segregate the old files and documents above 10 years, and dispose them with the prior approval from the concerned authority.
- Handle/Operate photocopy machine and Generator.
- Carry out other duties and tasks as assigned by the Management.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- 10+2 completed with minimum 3 years of professional experience or Bachelors with 2 years of professional experience in store handling
- Working experience in humanitarian or development sector preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Prior experience of managing store related works-preferably humanitarian setting
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with learning attitude
- Knowledge of proper documentation of project reports
- Good networking and negotiation skills
- Good command in written and spoken English
Note: The job description is subject to revision as per the requirement of LWF Nepal.
Result oriented Nepalese individual candidates are requested to submit the CV along with the interest letter to Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 February 2020
Women from disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for selection process. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.