Location (base): Base station in Province 2, Chapur- Rautahat
Reports to: Deputy Program Manager
Expected joining date: July 20, 2020
Probation Period: 3 months
Programme: Leave No Girl Behind (LNGB) “Aarambha”
No of opening: 1
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. PIN arrived in Nepal as part of a humanitarian response to the April 25, 2015 earthquake. Since its inception in Nepal, PIN has had a strong role advocating and addressing the needs of marginalized populations. This includes people who live in geographically remote areas of Nepal, people who are from historically marginalized ethnic groups, and those marginalized because of their age and/or gender identity (women and girls). PIN is strongly committed for safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, including people with disability, in line with its safeguarding framework and child protection policy.
“Aarambha” is a five-year program funded by UKAID’s Leave No Girl Behind (LNGB) program under Girls’ Education Challenge (GEC) campaign. The project will be implemented by two downstream partners (DSPs), with strong emphasis on literacy, numeracy, life skills and gender transformative intervention for married out of school (MOO-S) adolescent girls in province 2. PIN Nepal is currently looking for a qualified and competent Project Manager to lead Aarambha project through managing one DSP, with strong emphasis on life skills and school intervention for adolescent girls, boys and school committee in province 2.
Scope of work
Under the direct supervision of Deputy Program Manager, Project Manager will ensure timely and high-quality project delivery by local partner on life skills and gender transformative school workshops. The Project Manager will be responsible to led, manage and support field-based activities for LNGB project and represent PIN at local/district level. S/he will be responsible for staff management, support, coordination together with team members and consortium partners ensuring the project implementation as per requirement by the PIN’s and donor’s policy and compliance. S/he will ensure effective and timely coordination with partners and local stakeholders in all aspects of the project and the successful completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Assist in the development and oversee the implementation of life skills and gender transformative school workshops (outputs 2 & 3) under the project at field level.
- Provide guidance and support to DSP that include but not limited to, planning, budgeting and implementing planned activities, reviewing the progress including preparing periodic reports, developing case studies/transforming the lives/success stories, and documenting entire process.
- Support to review and develop curriculum and teaching-learning materials on life skills and school based interventions.
- Assess the capacity building needs of DSP, prepare plans and support for implementation and monitor on regular basis.
- Provide technical support to carry out the capacity development and community engagement activities with/for partners, communities and local stakeholders that are directly linked with project activities.
- Coordinate with support department (M&E, Safeguarding, finance, logistics and communication) to ensure regular program implementation, quality assurance and compliance.
- Maintain regular communication with likeminded organizations, working groups and networking for synergy and policy advocacy in relation to girls’ education, life skill and livelihood opportunities, school programming, community engagement and girls’ access to services.
- Produce written reports on activities and outcomes (monthly, quarterly and annually) and submit to the Deputy Program Manager.
- Ensure safeguarding of children, vulnerable groups (including people with disabilities) at all times.
- Support Deputy Program Manager to co-lead PIN Emergency preparedness and response activities at provincial level, including contingency planning & cluster coordination.
- Support Deputy Program Manager for operational management of the project including financial, admin, logistics, safeguarding and communications tasks to ensure full compliance with PIN's and donor's requirement.
- Work closely with the Deputy Program Manager to ensure that partner complies with contractual obligations.
- Ensure Branding and Marketing is well reflected and is practiced in all activities as guided by the GEC/LNGB and PIN’s Communication Guideline.
- Monitor staff and partners’ adherence to PIN’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, PIN’s Code of Conduct, with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm policies; immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Experience managing and monitoring projects implemented by DSP, preferably in Province-2.
- Demonstrated experience in managing diverse teams and maintaining strong relationships with the project team, partners and local stakeholders.
- Outstanding communications and networking skills. Local language proficiency (Bajika, Bhojpuri, Maithili) will be a plus.
Project Operations Management
Required skill, experience and knowledge
- Master’s degree in education, social science, rural development, or relevant field, with at least 3 years of demonstrated work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of work experience with an I/NGO in one or more of the following areas:
- Girls' empowerment interventions;
- Adolescent education programme management, gender transformative programming, life skills and school-based interventions for marginalized adolescent girls and boys
- Development and implementation of workshop curriculum, training manuals and teaching-learning materials in life skills, school intervention and gender transformative intervention;
- Life skills, life planning and leveraging livelihood for/with marginalized population;
- Child development framework: protection, participation, and survival;
- Gender equality, social inclusion, social norms, and/or gender-transformative programming;
- Community engagement/participation and local government mobilization.
Candidates from Province-2, women and other marginalized and minority group are encouraged to apply.
Apply link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/71083F8439/