The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal (GWT(N)) invites application from suitably qualified applicants for the post of "Part time Female Doctors" for Area Welfare Centres (AWCs) Kaski, Bagmati and Dharan.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION, REQUIRED BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
• Must have qualified as a Medical Doctor (MBBS) and registered with Nepal Medical Council (NMC).
• Must have work experience of at least 3 years as the Medical Officer in the Gyne/Obs dept.
• Additional Post Graduate qualifications are desirable (MD in GP or Medicine or Gyne & Obs).
• Experience in working/consulting elderly patients and chronic diseases desirable.
• Experience in coaching, teaching, mentoring and managing clinical staff is highly desirable.
• Must have good command of both spoken and written English.
• Must be computer competent.
• Must be Nepali citizen.
Your role will be to deliver regular primary care consultations to the pensioners living in the area, doing either morning or afternoon session of 4 hrs each or a whole day with 10 mins appointment per patient for 2-3 days a week and leading and teaching the clinic team working alongside you. The clinical challenges will be mainly concerning the older population of retired ex-servicemen, focusing mainly on chronic noncommunicable diseases along with gynae related problems. The working session can be flexible.
• Competitive salary with Provident Fund. As per GWT(N) Staff Regulation.
• The job is offered for 6 months initially and may be extended on the basis of need and performance.
The application submission deadline is 13th February 2019. Please clearly state your preferred place of work.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. No telephone calls will be entertained.
The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal
British Gurkhas Pokhara
Tallo Dip-16, Pokhara, Kaski, Nepal
The Gurkha Welfare Trust is the leading Gurkha charity. We provide financial, medical and development aid to Gurkha veterans, their families and communities.