Our Sansar, an INGO working with street children and education in Nepal are looking for a social worker to join our team in Birgunj. This is a full time position and will take place at our children's home in Parwanipur, near Birgunj where we work with street children. All the children in our care (at the moment there are 19) are boys and are aged between 5 and 15. The social worker's role will be mainly to ensure that are the children are happy and that they have everything they need for their development (education, care, training).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• One to one work with the children at our children's home in Parwanipur, Birgunj to ensure their smooth development
• Providing care on a daily basis to the children - help with activities and education
• Assisting our project coordinator with any tasks to do with the children's well-being, linking iwht families programme and documentation
• Assisting our staff with any events taking place on behalf of Our Sansar
• Preparing reports and updating the UK office on a regular basis
• Training will be provided
• Fantastic, passionate team
• Remuneration: 10,000 Rs a month
• Expenses covered (travel, phone, food when at the children's home, any other expenses to do with the work done)
• Accommodation and food provided at the children’s home (if needed/wanted)
• Great experience and potential to develop with the organisation in the future
• Social work experience and/or education preferred
• Experience working with children is a must
• Passion for charity work is a must
• Good computer skills (email, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Drive, Dropbox)
• Good use of English (to be able to communicate with the UK team)
• Willingness to develop your skills/receive further training
Please note that we are lookign to appoint somebody immediately.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you think you are the best candidate for the job.