Manage and oversee the implementation of the Making Every Woman and Girl Count (MWEGC) programme in Nepal:
- Develop and submit annual work plans and budgets and manage their implementation;
- Lead the planning of programme activities to ensure timely and comprehensive implementation of MEWGC;
- Ensure that the implementation of MEWGC follows strict quality standards, as established under the Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics and the Principles Governing International Statistical Activities;
- Develop and implement Results Based Management tools and performance indicators, in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer;
- Manage the targets established and oversee the monitoring of results, including ensuring adequate inputs and performance indicators are incorporated to allow for effective progress monitoring and successful achievement of MEWGC;
- Provide technical inputs to the production of quality monitoring and evaluation plans that are in line with and consistent with the overall objectives of the programme, with support of M&E Officer;
- Organize Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings, as needed.
- Provide substantive technical support to implementing partners, including strategic direction and positioning of gender and statistics in national policies, plans and strategies;
- Undertake periodic monitoring missions and produce high quality reports to take stock of progress of implementation;
- Submit quarterly reports and donor reports, in a timely manner, focusing on results, output and outcomes;
- Frequently liaise with the team at Headquarters and Regional Office to report on country programme activities, and ensure that the implementation is in line with the overall objectives of MEWGC.
Manage human and financial resources of the MEWGC programme:
- Undertake programmatic and administrative tasks necessary for the implementation of MEWGC in Nepal, including preparation of budgets, reporting on budget/programme performance, and preparation of inputs for results-based budgeting;
- Manage the programme budget and draft financial reports, in close collaboration with Operations Manager;
- Supervise, coach and guide Programme Analysts and technical expert consultants, ensure implementation of the performance review cycle;
- Oversee procurement plans and processes with the support of Operations team.
Provide technical support and capacity development to programme partners:
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Gender Statistics programme;
- Identify capacity needs of key stakeholders and partners and lead the coordination of technical assistance, training and capacity development initiatives to partners;
- Conduct country level assessments, national and sectoral plans to support national gender-related commitments in the SDGs and data use plans;
- Provide adequate technical and advisory support to national partners on gender statistics and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) monitoring;
- Provide technical support on methodologies for Tier I, Tier II and Tier III indicators, based on needs, capacities and expertise;
- Organize trainings, support development of tools and advocacy strategies aimed at strengthening capacities in the area of gender statistics of key stakeholders and partners.
Manage networking and partnership building initiatives:
- Strengthen partnerships with key national stakeholders, including national statistical institutions, UN agencies, women’s organizations and other civil society organizations, academia, research institutions and other data collecting organizations;
- Develop and manage the new partnerships to support implementation of MEWGC;
- Establish partnerships/alliances to support resource mobilization for MEWGC, engaging with potential donors to raise additional funding;
- Contribute to UN inter-agency coordination mechanisms and structures related to SGD gender indicators monitoring at the country level, to achieve coherence and alignment;
- Coordinate with other UN agencies, government departments, donors and NGOs to ensure capacity development initiatives are harmonized and aligned with other in-country efforts.
Manage knowledge building, advocacy and communication efforts:
- Develop and review background documents, briefs and presentations related to the Gender Statistics;
- Represent UN Women in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to SDG localization efforts as required;
- Provide technical inputs to the development of advocacy and communication strategies and activities for maximum communication impact and outreach to promote awareness of MEWGC, in partnership with the Communications for Development Officer;
- Support a community of practitioners to facilitate knowledge sharing and improve coordination;
- Identify best practices and lessons learned to guide programme improvement and strategy planning;
- Develop knowledge management strategies, products and methodologies on Gender Statistics;
- Provide technical inputs to all activities related to the learning, monitoring and evaluation of MEWGC;
- Identify lessons learned and areas of emphasis to guide program improvements and future strategic interventions.
- Master’s degree or Doctorate in statistics, gender and statistics, economics or other social science fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of gender and statistics at the national and/or international level;
- Familiarity with the development and application of household-based survey tools, establishment surveys and administrative records for generating information on progress towards gender equality and empowerment of women;
- Experience in the drafting of statistics-based research and related reports, and in providing capacity building support, preferably in the context of gender and statistics;
- Experience in survey questionnaire and sample design, data processing, data quality assessment and data analysis;
- In-depth experience in managing and interpreting gender-disaggregated data is an asset;
- Extensive work experience with national statistical systems, academia, UN and/or international development-oriented organization on data for development is an asset;
- Proven experience with use of gender analysis in statistical production processes and/or data collection, analysis, use and dissemination is an asset;
- Proven experience in conducting needs assessments and/or capacity assessment on existing data, statistical capacity, and/or Monitoring and Evaluation systems from a gender perspective is an asset;
- Substantial experience of working with international datasets is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.