Library Officer (No. of Position:1)-Level 6
Library Officer will be responsible for supervision and coordination of library and supervise users and work in a manner consistent with policies, principles, trends and practice of a professional library.
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in library Science
• Two years experience in related field will be an advantage
• Fluency in Nepali & English Language
• Excellent computer skills
• Willingness to work in shift basis through active participation
• Manage library inventory, perform stock checks and prepare item list for removal, relocation and binding
• Manage serial collection and acquisition of new library materials
• Ensure implementation of library rules and regulations
• Perform routine maintenance of library equipment including computers, audio-visual devices, printers and photocopiers
• Manage library clean safe and organized
• Supervise staffs in collecting, cataloging, preparing and organizing library materials according to established policies
• Maintain library materials including bibliographic and other library files
• Compile statistical reports for the library, manage library data and reports utilizing library software systems
• Process new books, maintain circulation records and make reserves on requested books
• Assist visitors in use if reference source, electronic databases, computers and other library machinery
• Safe Keeping of books, e-books and other properties of the organization under library unit
Nepal Eye Program was officially launched in July 1992 to support the prevention & control of blindness in Nepal and the region. Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology (TIO) is the implementing body of the Nepal Eye Program, a not-for-profit, community-based, non-government organization. With an aim to act as a model for treatment, research and training, independent yet working in co-operation with all other eye care centres and organizations in Nepal, the current TIO facility was opened in 1994.
In the early years, working with The Fred Hollows Foundation (FHF), Australia, TIO played a key role to help refine and adapt a practical, safe, and affordable technique of intraocular lens implant for cataract surgery in developing countries. Another key achievement in the early days was the establishment of the country's first eye bank, in conjunction with Tissue Banks International in Baltimore, USA, and Lions International.