Finance & Administration Manager
About the Opportunity
Abt Associates is seeking a Finance & Administration Manager for the Nepal Office.
The Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for project accounting, financial management and reporting, procurement, and general administrative support for the Project. This role will work in partnership with the Team Leader to ensure that the project team has the administrative and financial support required to deliver on the Terms of Reference (ToR) and approved work plans.
The job holder will also be responsible for (includes but not limited to):
Finance & Accounting
- Ensure that project budget projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with FCDO and project requirements, procedures, and practices for compliance and audits; and
- Create and maintain book of accounts and generate financial reports necessary to submit to concerned authorities; and
- Monitor financial status.
- Ensure compliance with FCDO and Abt Associates policies, regulations and procedures governing the project contract; and
- Ensure that financial and accounting systems comply to the laws of Nepal.
- Provide ongoing financial administration to project including approvals of purchase requisitions, consultant agreements, vendor invoices, and client invoices; and
- Oversee procurement including selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors on the project in compliance with FCDO and Abt Associates procurement regulations.
General Project Management
- In collaboration with the Team Leader, coordinate with Abt’s home office-based project management team to assure that all managerial and administrative matters are communicated, and actions comply with the provisions of the contract and with FCDO;
- Liaison with Abt’s home office Finance and Contracts Analyst and Programme Support Officer on all operational and financial issues; and
- Undertake day-to-day administrative activities and supervise office support staff.
Human Resources Management
- Conduct Human Resources Activities like vacancy advertising, interviewing, hiring, conducting performance appraisal, employee development & grooming, etc;
- Reporting to Abt’s HR team in London
- Payroll Management.
- Identifying, monitoring, analysing and formulating safeguards against the foreseeable risks and updating Risk Register accordingly.
- Facilitate in conducting audit and reviews;
Supporting programme team on preparation of the Deliverables as per work plan, submission of deliverables to FCDO, tracking of the due deliverables, reconciliation of the payment received, invoicing to FCDO and payment tracking and follow up.
- Experience with donor-funded projects, ideally FCDO (formerly DFID), but also USAID, EC, World Bank, etc
- Strong accountancy skills and understanding of budgets
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience managing budgets and generating forecasts, including expected revenue and profit
- Experience with procurement – items such as vehicles, laptops, etc
- Experience with distance working with teams in other time zones .
- Experience managing payroll desirable
How to Apply
Please submit your application online via the link below including your CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this role.
We welcome and thank all applicants however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Link to apply: https://egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/101335/?utm_medium=jobshare
Closing Date: 21 January 2022