Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) Program-- Short-term
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist candidates for the United States Agency for International Development-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) program in Kathmandu, Nepal.
WASH-FIN is a five-year program financed by the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID) implemented as a task order under the Making Cities Work Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract. Its primary objectives are to close financing gaps needed to achieve universal access to water and sanitation in targeted countries. WASH-FIN is working to achieve these objectives by:
- Tracking public investment in water and sanitation to assess progress, prioritize future investments and improve sector performance;
- Providing technical assistance to facilitate mobilization of public and private finance for service delivery; and
- Facilitating the replication of success through the development and dissemination of practical applications and lessons learned.
WASH-FIN Nepal engages broadly in improving the enabling environment for the local government and WASH service providers in Nepal and specifically in developing viable institutional and service delivery models. WASH-FIN is in the fourth year of a 5-year implementation and is currently active in eight countries (Cambodia, Kenya, Mozambique, Nepal, the Philippines, Senegal, South Africa and Zambia).
Given the need to facilitate the replication of successes by both USAID and sector stakeholders through the development and dissemination of practical applications and lessons learned, (objective 3), USAID’s WASH-FIN Nepal would therefore like to hire Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) services of a Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist to support the Nepal team to develop and disseminate high quality information to USAID, WASH-FIN staff, partners and beneficiaries.
The Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Nepal Country Team Leader (CTL), who will coordinate the delivery of this Scope of Work (SOW) and approve defined deliverables prior to the payment. The Specialist will also coordinate activities and deliverables with WASH-FIN’s Global Communications and Knowledge Management (CKM) Lead based in Washington, DC.
This short-term technical assistance (STTA) role will provide support as per the Level of Efforts (LOE) and assigned deliverables.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
* Work closely with the Global Communications and Knowledge Management (CKM) lead to support the WASH-FIN Nepal program’s participation in public events by producing communications products both in advance of any planned event and in particular, capitalizing on opportunities to create communications products during the event. Activities may include, but not be limited to, taking high-quality photos, undertaking brief interviews of participants to obtain quotes, and taking detailed session notes that can be used to produce high-quality communications products to demonstrate the value of the event;
* Identify opportunities for media exposure to publicize USAID WASH-FIN Nepal’s successes and achievements;
* Assist in efforts related to procurement and development of visibility and promotional materials (prepare specifications, supervise design and production of materials);
* Develop cutting-edge media materials, including videos and social media products;
* Edit WASH-FIN Nepal knowledge management products as requested;
* Travel to project sites as needed to develop information for communications and knowledge products; conduct interviews with partners and project beneficiaries. Take high-quality photographs while on project sites, and draft and/or edit communications and knowledge products upon return that demonstrate the value provided by the WASH-FIN Nepal project, focusing on capacity built within partner organizations and the number of beneficiaries with improved access to water and sanitation services;
* Provide support in developing and editing written material for initiatives such as media advisories, press releases, reports, publications, brochures, success stories and talking points as needed by the WASH-FIN Nepal team;
* Support and facilitate the organization of events, meetings and workshops as per the project mandate and Country Team Leader’s direction;
* Provide support with preparation and delivery of the Nepal Project Closeout event expected to take place in 2021;
* Provide technical advice, training and support to the project staff regarding compliance with USAID’s branding and marking requirements as requested;
* Package and facilitate the translation of complex information into easy to read and easy to use formats;
* Draft an end of assignment report capturing details on challenges, lessons learned and recommendations to the CTL on how to handle similar CKM activities in future.
* Master’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field;
* A minimum of five years’ experience working with WASH sector Nepal with public / private sector, and local communities, and ideally in the facilitation of stakeholder dialogues among these parties;
* A minimum of three years’ work experience, preferably in knowledge management on WASH service delivery;
* Excellent communications skills: verbal, written and oral;
* Familiarity and understanding of Nepal WASH related acts, policies and guidelines; especially under Federal Structure;
* Knowledgeable about the relationship between public and private sector on WASH;
* Experience in working with events management;
* Excellent program facilitation and preparation skills;
* Excellent command of English and Nepali languages.
* Prior experience on bilateral donor funded projects is preferred.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* List of References (at least two persons)
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is February 25, 2020.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.