Administration Assistant, Water Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) Program
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Administrative Assistant candidates for the United States Agency for International Development-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) program in Kathmandu, Nepal.
WASH-FIN is a five-year program financed by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) implemented as a task order under the Making Cities Work Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract. Its primary objectives are to close financing gaps needed to achieve universal access to water and sanitation in targeted countries. The overall objective of this assignment is to provide support to the WASH-FIN Nepal country team. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Office Administrator and support the Country Team Leader in implementing the project.
This position will provide clerical, administrative and logistical support to ensure the efficient operation of the WASH-FIN Nepal office, while respecting the internal policies and procedures of ARD and of the Client. Management of office documents, tracking office inventory, assisting with administrative functions, and delivering official documents, as required. S/he will also be required to stand in for the Office Administrator during her/his leave and periodically thereafter, to assume responsibility for the administration of the WASH-FIN office. The position will commence from March 2020. Specific duties include.
* Stand in for the Office Administrator when s/he must be absent from the office for any period;
* Support the review of invoices from consultants, subcontractors and vendors;
* Support preparation of payments and ensure supporting documentation is complete and accurate;
* Deliver monthly payroll remittances and related documentation to the bank, and collect necessary receipts;
* Serve as a bank agent, cashing and depositing checks as required;
* Serve as the Petty Cash Custodian;
* Monitor office supplies and prepare requisition requests to replenish supplies as required;
* Perform periodic reviews of non-expendable project property, and update the inventory records to ensure accuracy;
* Manage the office’s finance, procurement and contract files, and upload electronic files to Egnyte;
* Assist project staff, consultants and visitors with logistical support for events, meetings and workshops;
* Assist with travel reservations and arrangements;
* Maintain project vehicle schedule;
* Administer employee insurance policies, as required;
* Perform other duties as assigned by her/his supervisor.
* Secondary school education required. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
* Three to five years’ experience in a professional office setting, providing administrative support. Experience with USAID- funded projects is a plus.
* Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; record keeping; use of standard office equipment; basic accounting or bookkeeping skills. Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is a plus.
* Proficient in spoken and written Nepali and English.
* Must be tactful, flexible and enthusiastic; conduct her/himself with integrity, possess good interpersonal skills, be able to handle multiple tasks at once, be a fast learner who can work independently and with minimal supervision.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* List of References (at least two persons)
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is February 25, 2020.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.